There are 206 users in the forums

The "my god it's insane how drastically everyone is over-reacting" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was at the game the niners looked flat they had chances to make plays but all the players just seemed to be off their game.
Williams return to start the second half was exactly what they needed too not punch that in was disastrous and really pumped the bikes up
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i blame jet lag for yesterday's s**t performance. 10am game + loud dome + crappy team = trap game.
I'm not surprised at all at this reaction (imagine how Green Bay was after our opening week win!)... the one and only thing that frustrates me was how our defense was no where to be found. I figured they were always going to keep us in the game, but it was painful to see them march on us and make us look so awful. Just kept yelling at the TV expecting them to kill their momentum but nothing.

That's the end of my rant... looking forward to the Jets and hope they use this as motivation... gotta find a way to just move on.
I was undoubtedly pissed at the outcome but like others have said, the team just looked FLAT. They looked like they did in that 3rd preseason game against Denver. Slow-footed and looked as if they didn't prepare for the game whatsoever.

If we had played OUR game and lost, it'd be one thing. But we didn't. The Vikings dictated the tempo of the game and we never got out of that rut and played 49er, efficient, control-the-clock football. Furthermore, the Vikings may not be as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Rudolph and Ponder have a nice thing going, AP is a beast, and they have Jared Allen crashing in on opposing QB's. We're definitely a better team, but Minn doesn't appear to be the joke we all thought they were.

It's a kick in the ass that, maybe, we needed to stave off complacency. You can bet they're gonna work their ass off and prep for the Jets game. I'll be at that game so I hope it's the turnaround we're looking for.
Ponder's scrambling hurt the most. Better now than in a playoff game. Our coaches will have time to prepare for it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Ponder's scrambling hurt the most. Better now than in a playoff game. Our coaches will have time to prepare for it.

I think we completely underestimated his athleticism. Next time, we stick Bowman or Willis on him and shut that down. The only problem will be that our O will need to score also.
Do any of you think an elite defense (Ravens, Texans, Pitt) would have let the likes of Kle Rudolp and Ponder spill their guts on the field like that ?? Im just asking, b'cuzz people always say our defense is elite, but 1- were not the #1 defense in the league, 2- Athletic TE's give use problems, and 3- Unhearalded QB's give us fits !! and Sanchez/T-Bow are looming
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I agree, Ponder really moved well in and out of the pocket. With that said, am i the only person who thinks the Vikes got away with ALOT of holding? Don't get me wrong, we still lose that game either way, but 1 penalty all day on Minnesota?? Seems kinda strange with these flag happy scabs.
So, yesterday was bitter medicine, it is sure hard to accept that Christian Ponder cut us to pieces and we are now second in the division to the Cardinals.

But the only choice we have is to move on. There are games to still be played...lots in fact. And unlike the NFCCG, we don't have to wait another 9 months to get our vindication.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i can handle a loss but when the players and coaches act like they are just going through the motions and there is no emotion or energy , that is when i get pissed. I thought we were rid of that but it reared its head and we acted like we were a Mike S. team.All you can do is hope it was a bump in the road just like the ravens and cards loss last year. the coaches got to cute and got away from what we do, the players were no help cuz no one had a good game and there was no emotion and plenty of screwed up chances to score 21 points. i am glad the did not come home, they need to be together as a team and practice old school on the concrete parking lots in ohio

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i blame jet lag for yesterday's s**t performance. 10am game + loud dome + crappy team = trap game.

yup. they needed to make a three and out and then score right away to take the stupid crowd out in that disgracefull dome. you just had a bad feeling it would be a bad day when they did not do that , the vikings got hope, confidence and the crowd spurred on by thier idiot P.A man were into it. I hate that place
I really don't know what to make of this loss, you can say it's a fluke or trap game or what not to make yourself feel better, but personally I would feel better if this team lost at least in a tough close match, but instead they got beat badly like they had no business being there.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Nobody has a crystal ball and can predict what our record ends up at. If we end up at 15-1 obviously this game had little effect on us but that's not something anyone can speak to right now.

What I can tell you is this loss is a blow to winning home field advantage thru out. Obviously not a deal breaker because nobody is going undefeated but realistically speaking 12-4 is the cut off line to secure a bye in the playoffs.

It doesn't take very many slips up to lose that spot.

Hey guess what? Of the last 7 SB champs, only 2 had byes.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I really don't know what to make of this loss, you can say it's a fluke or trap game or what not to make yourself feel better, but personally I would feel better if this team lost at least in a tough close match, but instead they got beat badly like they had no business being there.

Not true...we we were STILL just a couple bounces (Whitner's dropped pick-6, Akers' blocked FG, thr Goldson BS personal foul, etc) from winning.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Not true...we we were STILL just a couple bounces (Whitner's dropped pick-6, Akers' blocked FG, thr Goldson BS personal foul, etc) from winning.

And officiating didn't help. Wasn't the sole reason we lost, obviously, but if Vikes get more than 1 lousy holding call game is different. Losing sucks but there's a surprising amount of upside, a departure from what was often the case in the past.
Share 49ersWebzone