There are 174 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes. I'm worried. @ Sea and @ NWE will be tough - very tough. And Sea has 3 @ home, where they are undefeated and 1 on the road @ Buff. Wilson is playing just as good as any QB. So, yes I'm worried.
Hawks fan here! Not looking to stir the pot. Just talking some football.

Let me start by saying,I am loving the way this division is playing out so far.Been a while since the west had such playoff implications.It will take a 11-5 record or 10-6 to win it. We won't see many 7-9 winners for a while IMHO.

I will be travelling to the game in Seattle on the 23rd and I could not be any more pumped about the game.I have heard rumours that they might even flex it to prime time!

Your team has been very impressive this season. With that being said... Why would a coach abondon his QB that has played the best football of his life? Kaep has shown some serious potential and I think he is your QBOTF but your team is making a serious run at the SB now. Dance with the date you brought. I know that Alex has had some rough times,but Harbs has made him a very efficient QB that makes little mistakes. Sad to say,I think Harbs stepped on his "you know what" and can't go back.

Flip side of the coin is that Sherman and Browner will probably be out for this game.We are not so sure about the backups at this point. They have potential but we haven't been able to see them on the field yet.

Gore will be the biggest issue(what else is new?) .That guy likes to feast on us for some reason!

Good luck guys and hope or a good game with no injuries!

IMO you can plug either Alex or Colin in the offense that we ran during the first 10 weeks of the year, and both guys would be just as successful. Colin is like Alex +1. Now though, we are trying to stretch the field, which is fine, had the coaches not decided to throw in all the gimmick plays. What our coaches need to do is throw out all the cute plays out the window. Run the ball>Play action. That should be our bread and butter.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Dec 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM ]
stratman72: "Why would a coach abondon his QB that has played the best football of his life? Kaep has shown some serious potential and I think he is your QBOTF but your team is making a serious run at the SB now."

Probably because Harbaugh believes the team needs more explosive offense to get over the hump. As far as the Hawks are concerned, scary team - very good. The NFC West is turning into a black and blue division. But really, what do the Niners need to do to get over a team like the Seahawks, not to mention the Giants and the Patriots? They need to be more explosive. The Hawks will fill the box just like the Rams did and dare the Niners to beat them in the air. I just think Harbaugh likes those fastballs and the potential for 60-yard bombs that he gets from Kaepernick. Kaepernick's had a couple loud away games now. He was successful in one and not in the other. I think he'll be ready for Seattle. And, I hope your corners are still playing because I don't want to hear any excuses when the Niners knock the Hawks off at the end of the year.
harbaugh needs to emphasize the pass from here on out. fat ass ray ratto (whom i usually never agree with) made a point about the rams taking gore away and making kaep beat them. even with a strong armed QB they still dont believe we can pass to win. they have to attack deeper down the field to put it in peoples heads that we can do it before the playoffs start.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
harbaugh needs to emphasize the pass from here on out. fat ass ray ratto (whom i usually never agree with) made a point about the rams taking gore away and making kaep beat them. even with a strong armed QB they still dont believe we can pass to win. they have to attack deeper down the field to put it in peoples heads that we can do it before the playoffs start.

This is true.

But the offensive coaches have yet to incorporate the long ball into our offensive scheme. Not last year - not this year, It has to be done creatively, so they better get cracking. They know Kaepernick has the arm. Start now!
  • buck
  • Veteran
I have said it before, but I will say it again.

Until a playoff spot is clinched, we should worry.

There is a reason, the games are played--not in our heads, not in the media, not on the internet--but on the field.

In my opinion, the goals for the season are basically two.

1. Have a winning season
2. Make the playoffs

After these two, everything is gravy.
Browner out for 4 games for Seattle (didn't appeal) and Sherman (Hercules! Hercules!) is appealing but is expected to miss the last two games plus 2 in the playoffs for the same PED (Adderrall)...may carry over to 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717501/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-four-games
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Browner out for 4 games for Seattle (didn't appeal) and Sherman (Hercules! Hercules!) is appealing but is expected to miss the last two games plus 2 in the playoffs for the same PED (Adderrall)...may carry over to 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717501/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-four-games

good news. thanks for the update.
With Kaep as Q.B we have to hope the opponent gets injured to stand a chance at beating them...

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by NCommand:

good news. thanks for the update.

My pleasure...I like being the bearer of good news!
Those sneaky Seahawks.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
With Kaep as Q.B we have to hope the opponent gets injured to stand a chance at beating them...

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Troll
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Those sneaky Seahawks.

We tend to fly under the radar. lol

The whole Sherm/Browner thing sucks though. Really wanted to see us face you guys at full strength,but we have some very qualified guys to fill in. That is probably the position we have the best depth in.Hopefully!!!
Originally posted by stratman72:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Those sneaky Seahawks.

We tend to fly under the radar. lol

The whole Sherm/Browner thing sucks though. Really wanted to see us face you guys at full strength,but we have some very qualified guys to fill in. That is probably the position we have the best depth in.Hopefully!!!
I never sleep on Trufant either. I heard hes hurt too ..........basically ur whole roster is a lil beat up. Still cant sleep on them. This Division has gotten real vicious.
Share 49ersWebzone