There are 162 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by pickle:
The seattle game will be for the division title. We win next week and lose in N.E.. I guess if Kaep is the future you are going to have to see if he can perform when everything is on the line.

"have to see" is the reason why I wanted Alex to remain the starter. If Kaep doesn't perform on the line, then our season is toast. I would much rather have Alex as we know what we can expect from him. We wanted a game manager, and we benched him.

I don't disagree with you. In fact, I was always a little worried about Kaep. My gut tells me we are going to have to see Kaep perform either now or next year, so why not let it be now. I was more worried today about the bad situational play calling than anything else.
We are screwed..........
We still hold the #2 seed. We control our own playoff chances. In Harbaugh and our D I trust.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
We still hold the #2 seed. We control our own playoff chances. In Harbaugh and our D I trust.

That is the attitude we have to take. Last week everybody was blowing the proverbial sunshine up Harbaugh's you know what. I am optimistic that he is a good enough coach to not continue to make the same errors, and that this game will be an opportunity to get better.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
The Cardinals floor is 10-6/9-7 based on the way they're playing and the schedule. Of course injuries will play a role. Their OL is beyond terrible, which impacts the entire offense, gameplan; and I still have reservations about Kolb even though he's playing well and they're winning. Plus they're playing with confidence. That goes along way. This isn't some burgeoning 15-1/14-2 juggernaut with their roster limitations, but they're a "good" team.

The team to watch in the future is the Rams. While I think Fisher is overrated based on his complete body of work as a head coach, he is an above average head coach and look at what he's done so far.

Sam Bradford is the best quarterback/passer (an opinion which will draw the ire of those in here) with the least around him. They have building blocks on defense in Long, Quinn, Brockers, Laurinitis, Finnegan, Jenkins, Johnson. They will have 2 1st round draft picks for the NEXT 2 YEARS AND cap space with a flat salary cap. They can get good in a hurry.

I completely underestimated how horrendous AZ's OL & QB situation really is, but I stand by comments about STL.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Even with two road games at two of the toughest places to win in the NFL?

Arizona won in NE. It's not a tough place to win. Their defense still blows.

That was at the beginning of the season when the Patriots were still trying to figure out their offense and defense. The Patriots are much improved now despite the hitch against the Dolphins yesterday (or that game could simply mean the Dolphins is a good team.)
Originally posted by fastforward:

That was at the beginning of the season when the Patriots were still trying to figure out their offense and defense. The Patriots are much improved now despite the hitch against the Dolphins yesterday (or that game could simply mean the Dolphins is a good team.)

yeah Gillette stadium + december = for visitors.
Originally posted by fastforward:

in some ways, they remind me of the rams...... good d line, develping qb. good run game (built around speed instead of power).....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
yes we should be worried . i raised this a few weeks ago and got the wrath of the wolves on the webzone. we have the potential to blow the last part of the season. if yesterdays game did not send up some red flags,, well i just do not know
The Cardinals floor is 10-6/9-7 based on the way they're playing and the schedule. Of course injuries will play a role. Their OL is beyond terrible, which impacts the entire offense, gameplan; and I still have reservations about Kolb even though he's playing well and they're winning. Plus they're playing with confidence. That goes along way. This isn't some burgeoning 15-1/14-2 juggernaut with their roster limitations, but they're a "good" team.

The team to watch in the future is the Rams. While I think Fisher is overrated based on his complete body of work as a head coach, he is an above average head coach and look at what he's done so far.

Sam Bradford is the best quarterback/passer (an opinion which will draw the ire of those in here) with the least around him. They have building blocks on defense in Long, Quinn, Brockers, Laurinitis, Finnegan, Jenkins, Johnson. They will have 2 1st round draft picks for the NEXT 2 YEARS AND cap space with a flat salary cap. They can get good in a hurry.

I completely underestimated how horrendous AZ's OL & QB situation really is, but I stand by comments about STL.

STL will probably have the leagues best DL in a year or 2..... and already are one of the best.

(that said we will.... or some thing already do.... have the best OL in the league)

i agree on fisher. it could come to the point where he's the one holding the team back. i thing he's a great coach. but not elite. (that's more of a compliment on how good i think they can be)
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM ]

Of course we should be worried.if we lose to new England and Seattle and beat Miami and Arizona, we're 10-5-1...Seattle can run the table (buffalo, rams, arizona and SF) - 11-5...possible a wild-card or worse...With no solid depth at running back, and invisible Moss, a clumsy Ted Ginn, a finished Akers, a QB controversy, being outcoached, poor offensive playing calling....Come on, Man..Harbaugh needs get on back on the wagon...Not to mnetion that Seattle has 3 of the last 4 games at home.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Of course we should be worried.if we lose to new England and Seattle and beat Miami and Arizona, we're 10-5-1...Seattle can run the table (buffalo, rams, arizona and SF) - 11-5...possible a wild-card or worse...With no solid depth at running back, and invisible Moss, a clumsy Ted Ginn, a finished Akers, a QB controversy, being outcoached, poor offensive playing calling....Come on, Man..Harbaugh needs get on back on the wagon.

......even more upset.

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM ]
IMO we've still got the div on lock, i just feel yesterdays s**t show is going to cost us a bye. packer, bears and giants only 1 loss back. 1 slip up by us (be honest our road games are hella tough) and we're playing in the wild card round, likely vs seattle
Originally posted by crabman82:
IMO we've still got the div on lock, i just feel yesterdays s**t show is going to cost us a bye. packer, bears and giants only 1 loss back. 1 slip up by us (be honest our road games are hella tough) and we're playing in the wild card round, likely vs seattle

i'm gonna backhand the f'k outta somebody in the FO if we get eliminated by seattle.

and roger goodell.
Except the Cardinals, the remaining 3 teams the 49ers will face in Dec...are good. Heck, the Cardinals might give everything they've got esp when they have nothing to lose...similar to the Rams who tried all those trick plays in the first game.

The defense played great on Sunday, gave up maybe 5 points. The offense - enough of the trick plays, and illegal shifts and the penalties...time to play some serious football.

The 49ers are still leading the division, but if they don't start treating the next 4 games as "critical", the season will be cut short pretty soon.
Share 49ersWebzone