LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Gotta keep the pedal to the metal, especially with the other division leaders with better records (7-0 Falcons, 6-1 Bears, 6-2 Giants w/ tie-breaker).

SHOULD be able to beat the Rams at home in two weeks without much problem. After that it gets tougher:

vs. St. Louis - W
vs. Chicago (MNF) - Gonna need the run game BIG TIME this game. coin flip
@ New Orleans - Short week on the road. Saints D sucks, but Brees & Co. can put up points still. Plus, SF hasn't played well in most non-Rams Dome in past years in general. Should score enough on worst D in NFL, but will it be another MIN game? coin flip
@ St. Louis - early start, but again, its the Rams. W
vs. Miami - Dolphins playing decent. But W
@ New England (SNF) - fortunately a night game after a long trip. Gonna be cold, and defense will be tested in both run and pass, especially with Gronk. coin flip
@ Seattle - Typical hellish road game. Hopefully at least division is wrapped up by this point. May be a L to a Seattle team fighting for a Wild Card.
Arizona - Hopefully will mean nothing. W

Niners should go at least 10-6, possibly 12-4.

By comparison, free-falling Arizona has:

@ Green Bay - probably a L
BYE
@ Atlanta - Probably a L, but Atlanta could finally hit a snag against a motivated ARZ team
vs. Rams - I say W for ARZ here
@ NY Jets - Gotta like ARZ here, too
@ Seattle - Seahawks win, L for ARZ
vs. Lions - coin flip
vs. Chicago - L
@ SF - L

So, probably 6-10 at worst and 9-7 at best.

Seattle:

vs. Minnesota - coin flip
vs. NY Jets - W
@ Miami - coin flip
@ Chicago - L
vs. Arizona - W
@ Buffalo - W
vs. SF - coin flip
vs, St. Louis W

I'm thinking Seahawks should be at least 8-8 with this schedule, and possibly 10-6.

So, Seahawks are definitely the more likely threat.

Looks about right. I think the Seahawks game in Buffalo may be a tough one for them if the weather is bad. It's similar to the 49ers game against the Patriots. Coin flip.
With the Seahawks loss, if SF defeats the Saints today they'll have a 3 game lead in the division (the Tie means SF wins all tie-breakers) with 5 weeks left.
LOL
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Baldie.
Originally posted by captveg:
With the Seahawks loss, if SF defeats the Saints today they'll have a 3 game lead in the division (the Tie means SF wins all tie-breakers) with 5 weeks left.

Sounds Great now.......goal now is to get a bye
Niners win, Seahawks lose, Cards lose, Rams win (but had worse record than Cards who they beat), 2 SeaChickens getting suspended.

That's a good day. 3 game lead in division bros.
The division title looks more likey, but we have to keep pushing. Don't give it up
Gonna be hard to get home field throughout with that tie in there. Thanks DAVID AKERS!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Gonna be hard to get home field throughout with that tie in there. Thanks DAVID AKERS!!

I've been an Akers supporter, but we may need to go another direction before the playoffs. If we need a FG to win the game in the playoffs, I just don't trust Akers now.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
2nd seed in NFC is as good as the first. Falcons won't make it out of the divisional round.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Gonna be hard to get home field throughout with that tie in there.

Yeah, we're 2 games behind Atlanta, but they have a schedule where they can lose 2-3 games. We do win all tie-breakers with Atlanta because of the tie (since if we have the same # of wins we have less losses).

Originally posted by okdkid:
2nd seed in NFC is as good as the first. Falcons won't make it out of the divisional round.

This. The Falcons have had a VERY easy schedule and some atrociously fluky wins, they could easily be looking at 4 losses right now. I'm not sold on them in the slightest, I think they'll fall apart in the playoffs again like usual.
Still can't stop laughing at the Cardinals. Remember when they were 4-0? 4-7 now LMAO!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Still can't stop laughing at the Cardinals. Remember when they were 4-0? 4-7 now LMAO!!!

They have quite possibly the 3 worst QBs in the NFL on their team
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

They have quite possibly the 3 worst QBs in the NFL on their team

The NY Jets can make a good argument towards that statement.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Until we clinch the division, I will remain worried--optimistic, but stilll worried.
Share 49ersWebzone