LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

NFL Films Presents : Defense Never Rests (feat Willis & Bowman)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does our fan base really undervalue Dashon? Even back in the day when he was a terribly rated rookie in Madden I knew he was a beast. As far as Bo, this is a dude who ain't going anywhere and the feeling is mutual between player and front office. Besides that friendship between pat and bo is something special as evidenced by that NFL films bit. I'd like to think guys like Dashon, Bo, T Brown and Cully are going to be around for the full ride, not just a few stops on the way.
Double.
[ Edited by AldonGood99 on Sep 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]
Willis : It's going to be me or you and it's never going to be me

I cried a little.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Just Pat and Bow.
The part where Pat went up to Leavitt and told him that he was thankful to have his as a coach made me emotional. For someone to be as talented and be as great of a player as he is and be so grounded, so humble, and so appreciated makes me so proud to be a Niner fan.
Originally posted by AldonGood99:
Does our fan base really undervalue Dashon? Even back in the day when he was a terribly rated rookie in Madden I knew he was a beast. As far as Bo, this is a dude who ain't going anywhere and the feeling is mutual between player and front office. Besides that friendship between pat and bo is something special as evidenced by that NFL films bit. I'd like to think guys like Dashon, Bo, T Brown and Cully are going to be around for the full ride, not just a few stops on the way.

At the end of the day though, it is still a business. They are super close, but there was plenty documented on how close Willis was with Spikes too and we didn't even offer him a contract after 2010. I obviously hope we can extend him if we can do so reasonably under the cap, but no doubt it will be tricky with one of our higher paid players also being an ILB and it's hard to expect him to take much of a hometown discount when he hasn't been paid yet. It's far easier to take a hometown discount when you're on your 2nd (or more) big contract...very tough to do on 1st, but like I said, let's hope Baalke/Marathe work their magic!
AWESOME!
I pray these two spend their entire careers in SF.
I think we can sign Navorro because a guy like Willis would definitely cut his huge salary to help the team re-sign his best friend...

Originally posted by lordfangio:
At the end of the day though, it is still a business. They are super close, but there was plenty documented on how close Willis was with Spikes too and we didn't even offer him a contract after 2010. I obviously hope we can extend him if we can do so reasonably under the cap, but no doubt it will be tricky with one of our higher paid players also being an ILB and it's hard to expect him to take much of a hometown discount when he hasn't been paid yet. It's far easier to take a hometown discount when you're on your 2nd (or more) big contract...very tough to do on 1st, but like I said, let's hope Baalke/Marathe work their magic!

im a fan of spikes, but he was nowhere NEAR as good as bowman is right now. plus the fact that bowman is 11 years younger than spikes.
I sure hope they're thinking about each other as indispensable halves of something very special. We're going to need them to think that way if we want to keep this team together.
Pat and Bo...........WOW!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
PB&Lynch sammich!

Pat and Bow
Share 49ersWebzone