LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Bakhtairi signed to take Haggans place

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
along with everything else i guess this signing means our rookie linebacker is not good enough to play varsity ball. they should have made outside linebacker a higher priority in the draft

completely agree. Another late 1st round pass rusher to play nickle rusher
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Our special teams sucks since we got rid of all our aces.

Yep based on giving up one special teams TD that shouldn't have counted.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
along with everything else i guess this signing means our rookie linebacker is not good enough to play varsity ball. they should have made outside linebacker a higher priority in the draft

completely agree. Another late 1st round pass rusher to play nickle rusher

Small preference, but I'd ideally want a rush LB to back up the starters with a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th round pick. These days with the lesser contracts, I guess I would be okay with a late 1st though.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Our special teams sucks since we got rid of all our aces.

Yep based on giving up one special teams TD that shouldn't have counted.

and our backup KR fumbling
Sign Jaime Winborn
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Sign Jaime Winborn

he could have punched Mike s in the eye sunday like he did with nolan after he signed with tampa. seriously I know you think I am nit picking but the whole thing confuses me. they cut this guy who was respectable during pre season, we then go get haggins who at the time they knew could possible get suspended. he does so we go get the guy we cut in the first place. that does not say good things for our rookie we drafted, I am glad they addressed this in short order but as you know there is a huge drop off from smith and brooks to this guy. i would have settled for andre carter instead but at least they got someone who is respectable. what they do when haggins can play again is anyones guess. I do agree with those who are not pleased with our special teams coverage units. if those are the only two things that bother me , I guess we are ok
He played well in preseason. I was sorry to hear he was released. Glad he is back.
I have no idea why we kept a guy buried deep on the RB depth chart to get rid of Colin Jones and Costanzo. I would rather have one of those. Dixon will never play anyway. And he's pretty bad on special teams. He's so slow getting down there. It's why he gets blocked in the back. Because people can catch up to him.

This. It's the biggest drop-off I've seen on this team from last year to this so far. The kickoff coverage hasn't been as sharp and guys aren't flying to the ball the way Costanzo and Jones were.
it would be nice to give both Brooks and Smith a rest every now and then

if we want sacks the guys need to stay fresh

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I have no idea why we kept a guy buried deep on the RB depth chart to get rid of Colin Jones and Costanzo. I would rather have one of those. Dixon will never play anyway. And he's pretty bad on special teams. He's so slow getting down there. It's why he gets blocked in the back. Because people can catch up to him.

This. It's the biggest drop-off I've seen on this team from last year to this so far. The kickoff coverage hasn't been as sharp and guys aren't flying to the ball the way Costanzo and Jones were.
agree, cut dixons ass and get someone better in here, jones rock? i think costanzo signed with someone. I can not belive the team is happy with this. with jacobs coming back, when the hell will dixon see the field as a running back? they screwed the pooch on this one and i hope it does not bite us in a close game.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Even though Haggans deal is guaranteed, he will miss 3 game checks, so the 49ers save $95,294 against the cap.

agree, cut dixons ass and get someone better in here, jones rock? i think costanzo signed with someone. I can not belive the team is happy with this. with jacobs coming back, when the hell will dixon see the field as a running back? they screwed the pooch on this one and i hope it does not bite us in a close game.

No use arguing my friend. We never should of let Costanzo sign with Chicago, then we should of kept Rock, he is a proven ST Ace, where Dixon is above average, with same cap figure, and then Jones was traded. I just hope Sealy can get things back and better. Spillman, Gooden, Grant, Brock were all on STs in 2011 and are back, along with Delanie, Dashon, Bowman and Culliver.

I don't think we're terrible, but we certaintly aren't great.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No use arguing my friend. We never should of let Costanzo sign with Chicago, then we should of kept Rock, he is a proven ST Ace, where Dixon is above average, with same cap figure, and then Jones was traded. I just hope Sealy can get things back and better. Spillman, Gooden, Grant, Brock were all on STs in 2011 and are back, along with Delanie, Dashon, Bowman and Culliver.

I don't think we're terrible, but we certaintly aren't great.
i just see dixon on special teams and how slow and bad he is and i am thinking,, they really cut him for rock??? sheesh
As long as we have Akers and Lee we'll have one of the best ST units in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone