There are 204 users in the forums

Haggans Suspended For 3 Games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
and the running teams are just coming up

stupid signing

why the hell do you sign this guy knowing he may get suspended?? yes our front office and coaches walk on water but even they can slip in the shower and fall down. i do not care if he was the best available free agent at the time. its like they signed him and just assumed he would not get suspended. ahhh

Maybe Baalke honestly believed he wouldn't get suspended. I'm sure they know what they're doing bud, it's not like we just lost Willis or Bowman for the season..
It should be retroactive, he hasn't played in the first two games. That would be stupid to start the suspension now, that would make it more like a five game suspension.
why the hell do you sign this guy knowing he may get suspended?? yes our front office and coaches walk on water but even they can slip in the shower and fall down. i do not care if he was the best available free agent at the time. its like they signed him and just assumed he would not get suspended. ahhh

The same reason he was active the last two games but didn't see the field: if Aldon Smith or Ahmad Brooks get injured, he's our OLB. It's not like we made a long-term promise to the guy. Even if they knew a suspension was coming down the road, why not sign a guy for insurance when he's available to play?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Can't we cut him, sign someone like Bakhtiari, and sign him again?

the willie middlebrooks of linebackers. at least i think that was the corner we cut signed, cut signed etc etc.
OMG

where's the nearest bridge, i'm jumping!
fire baalke now
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:

stupid signing

Maybe Baalke honestly believed he wouldn't get suspended. I'm sure they know what they're doing bud, it's not like we just lost Willis or Bowman for the season..
i know that but you will come in if brooks and smith get hurt? many have said, well we just slide larry grant over there to fill in. is that logical? they are pretty damn arrogant if they thought the guy would not get suspended just because we are the flavor of the month and tops in power rankings
I wonder if all the power rankings that have us #1 would re-consider after this news.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

stupid signing

forfeit the season now
maybe we will get lucky and our top two will not get hurt in the next three games. pretty damn big maybe in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
fire baalke now

i would at least give him a pretty good shot of castor oil for this dumb ass signing

i know that but you will come in if brooks and smith get hurt? many have said, well we just slide larry grant over there to fill in. is that logical? they are pretty damn arrogant if they thought the guy would not get suspended just because we are the flavor of the month and tops in power rankings

How do you know what the FO was thinking?

If Haggans was viewed as the best, cheapest option for our OLB3, and Some Guy was viewed as the second best option, why not sign Haggans until he's suspended and then sign Some Guy? What's the problem?
Word on the street is, Sean Merriman is healthy and ready to play! Just sayin doe...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
fire baalke now

i would at least give him a pretty good shot of castor oil for this dumb ass signing

i say fire him now, this has set back our franchise at least a couple of years
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:

How do you know what the FO was thinking?

If Haggans was viewed as the best, cheapest option for our OLB3, and Some Guy was viewed as the second best option, why not sign Haggans until he's suspended and then sign Some Guy? What's the problem?
ok. i like that plan better than just move larry grant around. is the kid on our practice squad even ready to play varsity here? thought he was still recovering. maybe they are playing a shell game but i just hate the fact we have no decent backups in case one of those two goes down or if aldon hits a bear
the sarcasm in here is funny, but we are in a dilemma, we were on thin ice at olb as it was, now we have no backups, u know how this league works, injuries come in bunches to a position usually. one rolled ankle and our D is a lot different
[ Edited by crabman82 on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone