LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Guess What? Now we're "Old Fashioned."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The funny thing is they say stuff like this and insult our passing game and compliment Aaron Rodgers prolific passing game when:

Alex Smith

20 for 31
226 yards
2 TDs
0 INT
QB rating 107

Aaron Rodgers

22 for 32
219 yards
1 TD
1 INT
QB rating 85

Looks like Alex is a bit more prolific than good ol A-Rod looking at the stats which the "analysts" love to do.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
#WhinerTalk

Not everyone in the media is gonna universally love the 2012 49ers. Get over it.

this
Originally posted by BayArea:
The funny thing is they say stuff like this and insult our passing game and compliment Aaron Rodgers prolific passing game when:

Alex Smith

20 for 31
226 yards
2 TDs
0 INT
QB rating 107

Aaron Rodgers

22 for 32
219 yards
1 TD
1 INT
QB rating 85

Looks like Alex is a bit more prolific than good ol A-Rod looking at the stats which the "analysts" love to do.

its been 2 games....
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Alex Smith

20 for 31
226 yards
2 TDs
0 INT
QB rating 107

Aaron Rodgers

22 for 32
219 yards
1 TD
1 INT
QB rating 85

its been 2 games....

That was actually just one game.

But that was my point. It's only been two games and they already are on Rodgers dick and talking down our passing game.
Noone can complain about the media coverage we get. The media says nothing but good things about us these days, so we have no right to complain about it.

Were widely considered the best team in the league (which I dont know if its true because I think the Texans might have something to say about that.) But yeah, get over it. Old school is the way we roll, and the Packers and Lions will be the first ones to tell you that.
Dont care.....as long as the W comes home baby!!!!!!
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Noone can complain about the media coverage we get. The media says nothing but good things about us these days, so we have no right to complain about it.

Were widely considered the best team in the league (which I dont know if its true because I think the Texans might have something to say about that.) But yeah, get over it. Old school is the way we roll, and the Packers and Lions will be the first ones to tell you that.

The Texans have beaten two scrub teams that got nowhere near the playoffs. We beat two playoff teams. The Texans aren't even worthy of being in the discussion yet until they prove they can beat a team that isn't a cellar dweller.
Originally posted by Overkill:
We're old fashioned because Harbaugh didn't fall for the cult of QB stuff that grew up around guys like Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady. No team can win without going to a spread style, passing dominated offense - "the rules have changed". Remember that crap? That was the supposed "new" NFL style. Hello, Detroit.

We're showing football is still a team sport. We're winning because we have perhaps the deepest roster in football and can win in all three phases of the game.

I'll take the "old fashioned" label and wear it with pride.

Agree. These comments don't bother me at all. Just keep dominating teams the way we do and they can all say whatever they want too!
Football Outsiders is saying that going into week 3 (determined upon all the nuances within their little number crunching programs) we possess the #1 overall offense in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-2-dvoa-ratings
We are. I like it.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
the media wants to promote big play offensive teams, and that is not the 49ers.

we're actually preventing big play offenses from looking good. (Packers, Lions) therefore, they don't like us.

I was wondering about this the other day, since the NFL seems to be pushing its product toward a faster-paced, higher scoring game, does the success of the 49ers, with our focus on fundamentals and balance, represent a problem for the NFL?

we have a pretty solid fan base. so i don't think so.

Right we do, but beyond the fan base. The top team in the NFL (ex. the Giants, Packers last couple seasons) are held up as an example of what the league offers. Both of those are pass happy teams. When the most dominant team in the league doesn't fit their prototype "modern" product, does the NFL have a branding issue?
Lol at giving Prisco the time of day.

we're actually preventing big play offenses from looking good. (Packers, Lions) therefore, they don't like us.

I was wondering about this the other day, since the NFL seems to be pushing its product toward a faster-paced, higher scoring game, does the success of the 49ers, with our focus on fundamentals and balance, represent a problem for the NFL?

Right we do, but beyond the fan base. The top team in the NFL (ex. the Giants, Packers last couple seasons) are held up as an example of what the league offers. Both of those are pass happy teams. When the most dominant team in the league doesn't fit their prototype "modern" product, does the NFL have a branding issue?

I doubt the NFL is trying to "brand" anything. I think you're reading too much into it.

Very possible. Maybe fans like to watch the "exciting" deep pass kind of play in superbowls etc.. The 49ers coming along and eating clock for most of the game might not keep their interest like the other teams. Maybe that explains the resistance to showing any validity to our style of play. That is very possible. They might hate that a team that doesn't fit their modern mold can actually win.

I heard something last year that the NFL was thankful that the Ravens and the 49ers were not in the superbowl. They said the Giants and Patriots had a much larger fanbase and the matchup was much more desired nationwide which = revenue for the NFL. Something to the effect of watching two dominant defenses battle against two slow working offenses in the superbowl would make for bad TV.

The last superbowl did break TV ratings records if I remember correctly.

Very possible. Maybe fans like to watch the "exciting" deep pass kind of play in superbowls etc.. The 49ers coming along and eating clock for most of the game might not keep their interest like the other teams. Maybe that explains the resistance to showing any validity to our style of play. That is very possible. They might hate that a team that doesn't fit their modern mold can actually win.

I heard something last year that the NFL was thankful that the Ravens and the 49ers were not in the superbowl. They said the Giants and Patriots had a much larger fanbase and the matchup was much more desired nationwide which = revenue for the NFL. Something to the effect of watching two dominant defenses battle against two slow working offenses in the superbowl would make for bad TV.

The last superbowl did break TV ratings records if I remember correctly.

as long as the fans tune in the watch the niners, the NFL won't care.
Share 49ersWebzone