LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Guess What? Now we're "Old Fashioned."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
F**king beat NFL beat writers and broadcasters!

They can't just call us a a "good team." They can't just call us a "great team," or even a "dominating team." No -- instead you hear terms like: "Niners get it done the old fashioned way."

How many of you have noticed this?

The latest shot across the bow of Good Ship 49er comes from non other than CBS Sportsline ANALyst Pete Pricso. Know what he writes in his power rankings? How about: "They are an old-fashioned team doing it in a different era of football." But that's not all, he goes on pontificate: "Even though I still have reservations about the style of football they play, as well as their passing-game limitations, they get the nod...."

What an F-JOB this complete and moronic clown TOOL this dude is. But he's not the only one. Oh no -- I heard the same thing out of Chris Collingsworth on the Sunday Night Football broadcast. We get it done the "Old Fashioned Way." In other words, we make grandma look "cool."

We're not "edgy" like RG III, Newton or Vick. We don't pass it like Rodgers and his stupid, moronic "Touchdown Dance." We're not the type of team to say, "hey, that guy in front of me just jumped off the cliff, perhaps I should too!"

No -- we just play complete football and beat the tar out of other, supposedly good, teams.

But can we get any credit for it? Grudgingly, yes. But only after some complete and utter tool gets his "Old Fashioned" shot in.

Rant ended
I feel like all these analysts, Petw Prisco and Collinsworth Included, all hate the niners fRom our years of dominance and can't give us the respect we deserve now
Yeah its pretty sad actually. Most of these guys are just trying to cover for remarks they made about how this team will regress or fail to meet expectations based on playing so well last season. Yet the Packers, Texans, Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers were all expected to be top teams again this season even though three of those five teams had major problems on either offense or defense last season and yet they get a pass. The 49ers showed zero signs of regression, and actually look to have improved and its still just unbelievable to most. Screw em! I love that we beat teams up old school style. Wouldn't have it any other way! GO NINERS!
I guess we are considered "old fashioned" because we play with a TE & FB at the same time
We're old fashioned because Harbaugh didn't fall for the cult of QB stuff that grew up around guys like Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady. No team can win without going to a spread style, passing dominated offense - "the rules have changed". Remember that crap? That was the supposed "new" NFL style. Hello, Detroit.

We're showing football is still a team sport. We're winning because we have perhaps the deepest roster in football and can win in all three phases of the game.

I'll take the "old fashioned" label and wear it with pride.
You will get nothing but elitist, East Coast bias garbage from the national media, which should just be called the New York marketing department: "Pete Prisco was born on Long Island, which might be part of the reason he has that New York mentality as a reporter: right to the point. After living for a time outside of Philadelphia, where his first NFL game was the Eagles and Steelers at old Franklin Field."

The only thing Pete Priscos of the world care about is their filthy, overcrowded traffic jam of a coast. I bet the NY media want to get rid of the salary cap, so New York can simply buy more opportunities at championships, like with their Yankees. Forget ESPN and their dirty obsession with the East Coast. Don't give them any traffic.

Much better to go read good articles by knowledgeable fans. I have never linked to Bleacher Report before, but this article "Why the 49ers are set up for a legendary season" is one of the best I've read in a long time:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1337677-why-the-san-francisco-49ers-are-setup-for-a-legendary-season
#WhinerTalk

Not everyone in the media is gonna universally love the 2012 49ers. Get over it.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
More like "Old School"

Respect is not given, you earn or you take it from those that doubt you by putting the Fear of God in them.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Sep 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Overkill:
We're old fashioned because Harbaugh didn't fall for the cult of QB stuff that grew up around guys like Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady. No team can win without going to a spread style, passing dominated offense - "the rules have changed". Remember that crap? That was the supposed "new" NFL style. Hello, Detroit.

We're showing football is still a team sport. We're winning because we have perhaps the deepest roster in football and can win in all three phases of the game.

I'll take the "old fashioned" label and wear it with pride.

Harbaugh (Honey badger) don't give a ••••!
I look at being called "Old Fashioned" as a compliment. When people say that, I think of physical defenses and good running games. That's what we are. However, condescending quotes such as...

"Even though I still have reservations about the style of football they play, as well as their passing-game limitations, they get the nod...."

are kind of annoying, but there have to be some haters out there. As impossible as it may seem, not everyone loves the Red and Gold.

Walsh and his teams were crapped on a lot too. "Finesse" was the condescending term then, I believe.
the media wants to promote big play offensive teams, and that is not the 49ers.

we're actually preventing big play offenses from looking good. (Packers, Lions) therefore, they don't like us.
There's a stiff drink called an old fashioned, if you drink enough of it, you get pretty f**ked up.
Personally, I don't give a damn how they describe us as long as we end with the "W" at the end of the day. Heck, the Dynasty Years, we were described as a finesse team, remember??? How that turn out, 20 years, 5 SB???

Hell with the naysayers, we come to play!

Don't worry. They are going to have to eat it shortly.
Share 49ersWebzone