LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nes49:
I dunno, it seems too easy....I hope the Niners don't overlook anybody.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Dome stadium....can get pretty loud...if we let them stay close and the crowd gets into it, wont be easy. Have to take them out early.
Live in Canada about a five hour drive from Minneapolis will be driving down to see the niners live....week can't go by fast enough
  • THEB
  • Veteran
I hope Alex requests a lot more passing plays so he can completely murder Dingleberry and make him eat his "Gotta have a Quarterback" words.
I think we win, but Peterson and Harvin are there best players. That Defense is terrible. We better attack the secondary, Antoine Winfield isn't what he use to be. Harrison Smith is a rookie at FS, Raymond is a 2nd yr SS, and other CB are Chris Cook and rookie Josh Robinson. Attack the secondary and run, they aren't a good tackling team. I watch every Vikings game, as my dad is a vikes fan, and he hates the defense. It's horrible. We need to attack the DBs and LBs like said, and contain Peterson to under 100 and limit Harvin's touches. Then we should win.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Colin Cowherd said the 49ers will get upset by the Vikings because this will be the 2nd time in 3 weeks that we will be traveling to the east to play football.

Colin Cowherd thinks Romo is the second coming of Christ. Colin also thinks very little of Alex Smith. Colin is much like Skip Bayless they both make a lot of noise but only to get attention. 49ers will roll over the Vikings. 30-13.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mella8:
Dome stadium....can get pretty loud...if we let them stay close and the crowd gets into it, wont be easy. Have to take them out early.

i hate that place, that does bother me in the back of my mind for this sunday
Originally posted by mella8:

The scariest part is that the roof might collapse and kill our entire team. That piece of s**t is held together with tacks and elmers glue.
Really hope the team doesn't over look the Vikings and try to coast thru this game. I want this team to come out and put the Vikings away early and often and get to 3-0 hopefully. Go 49ers!

Originally posted by tohara3:
Really hope the team doesn't over look the Vikings and try to coast thru this game. I want this team to come out and put the Vikings away early and often and get to 3-0 hopefully. Go 49ers!

I think thats probably one of the best qualities of this team and the coaching staff, they dont over look teams. The plan for the coming game, and take none of them lightly. They focus on the task at hand very well and work hard to make sure they cross all there t's and dot all of there i's.
One of the last things this team really needs to develop is an ability to consistently walk all over inferior competition. Last year we were solid, but other than the Tampa Bay game, we really didn't roll over anyone. I don't want to see us playing to the level of the competition.
They made the Colts D look like a top 10 D.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
One of the last things this team really needs to develop is an ability to consistently walk all over inferior competition. Last year we were solid, but other than the Tampa Bay game, we really didn't roll over anyone. I don't want to see us playing to the level of the competition.

We're on the road, Vegas has us as a 7 point favorite, love us in that spot. I know it's Vegas and they're wrong some of the time but usually the line is a decent indicator of how close the game will be. Might be a little closer than we think or Vikings might just score some points in garbage time to make it look closer than it was. I'm leaning towards the latter but as you noted, I really hope this is a spot where we just stomp a team down.
34 - 9 and back ups come in with 5 minutes left in the game.
Share 49ersWebzone