There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I doubt either guy makes the trip out East. So they'll both be shelved until the Buffalo game, giving both of them plenty of rest.

I think we may look at James or Cox or Williams at KR though. Haven't been impressed with Hunter (at KR, he's played well at RB).

This makes sense. Then Jacobs only has a 12 game season, keeps him fresh for later in the year as well. I agree on Hunter, he wasnt bad at it last year, hopefully James can give us some explosion back there and get some experience in case Ginn doesnt come back next year. James in a dome could be scary fast.

Got a little off topic I know. Niners win 27-9. Could be bigger, but as was mentioned here before, will likely keep it semi vanilla and not show too much. Do enough to get the W and get out of town. Sort of what we have done the last two seasons.
Effing Cowheard still sticking with his QB league/passing league mantra. He said we will lose to MIN because they have a stout front. Message to dumbass Cowheard, we can pass now and how is MIN gonna win if they can't score?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Effing Cowheard still sticking with his QB league/passing league mantra. He said we will lose to MIN because they have a stout front. Message to dumbass Cowheard, we can pass now and how is MIN gonna win if they can't score?

I said this somewhere else on the zone...many people are going to just look at the score and assume we can be beat easily if only they stop our run game. The same holds for stupid sports talk radio people and ESPN football analyst. Honestly, it is hard to change past behavior and most people assume Alex Smith sucks and we only do well on offense because we run the football.

that guy is THE BIGGEST NINER HATER! I can't stand the stupid fvck! He said the Niners would have the #1 pick last year... what an Idiot
Originally posted by taney71:

I said this somewhere else on the zone...many people are going to just look at the score and assume we can be beat easily if only they stop our run game. The same holds for stupid sports talk radio people and ESPN football analyst. Honestly, it is hard to change past behavior and most people assume Alex Smith sucks and we only do well on offense because we run the football.

Which is why I'm pissed that DET and GB got late easy TD's. The score doesn't show the dominance, but I guess that can be a good thing with being under estimated.
Originally posted by taney71:

Well hopefully at the end of the day the whole country will get to see Alex play in the superbowl, they can find out that it isn't just the run game carrying the offense then. They obviously don't take the time to watch any of the games.
People cannot deny anymore that we're the best, but they still to accept WHY we are the best, and they're waiting for us to come up short; fail, so that they can look good saying so given the status-quo of the NFL.
Go Niner's.." Spike The Vikes"
F*ck the Vikequeens WE GOT THIS!!!!
man the vikings are TERRIBLE...I'm not sure they even have 5 players that would make our 53 man roster

So the Vikings D is 13th in total yards and 17th in points...after games against the JAGUARS and COLTS.

Don't want to have another Freddy P. Soft outbreak, but I think we can take em.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
So the Vikings D is 13th in total yards and 17th in points...after games against the JAGUARS and COLTS.

Don't want to have another Freddy P. Soft outbreak, but I think we can take em.

No joke I think we could play no starters and still win...or at least as few starters as would be necessary to field a team so maybe a couple OL and an OLB or something, but I think Kap, Hunter, Manningham, K. Williams, Ginn, Jenkins, Delanie, Staley, Leonard, Goodwin, Kilgore, Boone, Dobbs, RJF, I. Williams, Tukuafu, Aldon OR Brooks, Haggans, Grant, Gooden, Culliver, Cox, Brock, Spillman, McBath, and Robinson could win this game
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Is Sing still their DC?
21-0, i dont think harbaugh want to go over there and blow them up.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
People cannot deny anymore that we're the best, but they still to accept WHY we are the best, and they're waiting for us to come up short; fail, so that they can look good saying so given the status-quo of the NFL.

The NFL has turned into elite quarterback with the best defense wins it all. There's a reason why Detroit and Green Bay got knocked off last year. They only had half the formula.

I don't think those 2 teams will be our toughest test come post season time. There's going to be really good teams with 10-6 records that have the ability to knock anyone off. New York, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and New York were all 5 or 6 seeds going into playoffs and won it all.
Share 49ersWebzone