There are 255 users in the forums

What I took away from watching the Bears vs Packers game in relation to the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fryet:
The Bears struggled offensively against the Pack defense, while we put up 30 easily. Conclusion: Our offense is pretty good this year.

Bears o-line blows, Mike Tice isn't that great of a OC, they didn't run the ball enough and Cutler is a horrible QB.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Sep 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
I think the 1st couple weeks in the nfl are often misleading. From matchups to home vs / away what you see is often a illusion. I think it's wise to not overestimate anything you see early in the nfl season.

It's true in some cases. Especially when you have a bad team playing a very good team and they either give it a good run like (Rams vs. Detroit) or out right winning it convincingly (Buffalo vs Patriots some years ago). In some cases its just a mirage for the bad team. Patriots got spanked by Buffalo but later went on to win the SB. Buffalo went south the whole year.

But Niners and the Packs were both playoff teams last year. There were no over looking, no let down, and no over achieving. Both were good, we're just better.
what i took away was thank god we play the nfc north lol. beat packers, gonna beat the lions on sunday, chicago looks easy to fluster and cutler makes mistakes all day and the vikings are the vikings
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Patriots, the Saints are still scary even though they are in turmoil, I still think Chicago is good, and NYG. Yes we can beat all those teams, but we could easily lose them if they let their guard down,

There's 0 chance the NINERS let down their guard against the giants.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Pack did not need a ST score to beat the Bears. It was the INTs.

Point was that even with 7 sacks and 4 intercepts they were still in it, take away the trick play and it might have been a different game. Your play calling and sense of urgency is different when it is 16-10, maybe 19-10 than it is 23-10. Plus the pack were playing at home where as the bears had to travel on a short week and less time to game plan offensively. Same like when the niners had to play the Raven's and JH's brother.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
imo, either the packers defense is good or the bears offense was bad. Last night, i think it was a little bit of both.

They didn't learn from the niners, and give the run more of a chance, that way it would have kept Cutler from forcing the issue and making bone headed plays. Maybe even win the field position battle. Their O screwed up really bad and but the D in hole all night yet the pack O only got 16 points.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
What I took away from that game was how good a team we are. First, we totally out-coach the opposition and then we out play them. We would have run up 60 points against the Bears and held them to zero.

The Bears, IMHO, did not correct their main problem - their OLine. Let's face it, if they signed Rachel - they are in deep do-do. Mathews is fantastic and their coaches use him well. Staley had a tough game - he admitted it - so I think this week he'll be out to make a point. He'll be up against another very soild player in Van d Bosch.

The Bears D didn't pressure Rodgers like we did so he performed better.

Next, our offense definitely had some miscues in our jumbo packages but player VERY WELL for the first game. In fact, after looking at the Bears game last night and some others last week - our OLine played excellent compared to them.

That ST play last night by the Packers was great! It was executed perfectly and I could see us doing the same thing with our excellent coaching staff.

They'll be drafting a LT with their #1 pick - Webb is terrible. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if they drafted 2 or 3 OL very early this year.

Their D got after him in the first but that fake FG for a TD just crushed them - it was a defensive battle until then and the bears just gave up then.
I agree webb is bad, but the bears don't have a first rounder this year i thought the broncos had it, anyways they need more than just one olinemen they suck
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If you can pressure the QB, I don't care if it's Rodgers, Brady or Brees they become ordinary. The 49ers defensive players have great athletic ability. They have brute strength (Cowboy, Soap and Ray) along with the best linebackers on the planet. The secondary is just starting to get its' due. They'll be getting ink in the near future. What are the odds that when the new stadium opens there are one or two more Super Bowl Banners along with the five that will be there.

Would be nice for sure.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
cutler was playing drunk again
As much as I believe in our players and coaching staff, I would keep one thing in mind; we have not even played two weeks of football. There is a lot we will learn about teams from week to week before we learn who teams really are. I'm taking everything at face value before I go out and start passing judgement on teams.

I think the 1st couple weeks in the nfl are often misleading. From matchups to home vs / away what you see is often a illusion. I think it's wise to not overestimate anything you see early in the nfl season.

Judging from posts I've read from you...I have a strong feeling that these words would be different had Rodgers thrown for 375 and 4 touchdowns...but since Alex looked better..."its wise not to overestimate anything you see early in an NFL season"...very interesting
Originally posted by 99problems:
What are u 8?

Haha!
Cutler is a streaky QB--capable of playing lights out one game and then stinking the next. If he is on when playing the niners it will be a very good game.

GB may have had a down game against the niners for many reasons--including the 9er D, the 9er O, out of sync without their OC, overlooking the niners, etc.

One game--we'll know a lot more about this 9er team after three or four games. I believe (and hope) that they will be a dominant O and D--expect some scores like 40-3.

The line did OK for the first game but when they play teams with more than one quick pass rusher or trickier schemes how will they look? My hope is that they simplify the pass blocking and let players control their zone more one on one. If they can keep one area clean (middle, left or right) so Smith has an exit strategy, the O will really benefit.

If the coaches get too cute and start changing up what works...we will all complain!
Originally posted by reasonable1:

Judging from posts I've read from you...I have a strong feeling that these words would be different had Rodgers thrown for 375 and 4 touchdowns...but since Alex looked better..."its wise not to overestimate anything you see early in an NFL season"...very interesting

I don't know I thought my statement was pretty reasonable .
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
As much as I believe in our players and coaching staff, I would keep one thing in mind; we have not even played two weeks of football. There is a lot we will learn about teams from week to week before we learn who teams really are. I'm taking everything at face value before I go out and start passing judgement on teams.

I agree. Though I was thoroughly impressed with all aspect of the game it was only week one and a game that Harbaugh had been game planning for a long time. My first knee jerk reaction was that we will go 16-0 and run the table. The Niners have a tough schedule and NE will be tough to beat at home and I think the 49ers can do it...but let's beat Detroit first.

I don't want to jinx the team nor for the team to be overconfident. I still believe the term any given Sunday to a certain extent. Match to close teams in terms of talent and competitiveness and who wants it more that day will win. Let's let the 49ers do the talking on the field. I'm not crowning them yet because they have a long way to go. Can't wait until 5pm pacific!! If the Niners own Detroit that will make a statement on it's own Go Niners!!
Share 49ersWebzone