LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
is it bad that because of this lions fan poster on here... i want aldon smith to body slam stafford and break his neck? that way this guy can stfu about his passing yards? lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
is it bad that because of this lions fan poster on here... i want aldon smith to body slam stafford and break his neck? that way this guy can stfu about his passing yards? lol

hey now, we do not wish harm on players. You know that.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

This. We are better than that.

Cmon how bout we wish Justin Smith give Stafford some tea bag action instead?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObjectiveFactsLions:
Just pointing out that the 49ers are not as balanced a team on offense and many on here have claimed. Smith is largely carried by the D and run game. Unfortunately this will be the 49ers toughest test running the ball they have had in a long time as the front seven is much stronger this year.

smith threw two touchdowns last week vs the packers, we ran for another. Again you are either blind or not very smart if you can not see that type of balence. Are you looking at the niners of three years ago? exactly how did the defense carry smith last week vs green bay? While it may be a bit more tasking to run the ball today, we will run the ball more effective than the lions will. i believe your offense will have several three and outs forcing your defense back on the field where they will break down. You people are either unable, unwilling or just in denial if you think you can run the ball today. The lions will not run the ball, they are a one trick pony and I do not care if jesus stafford is throwing to moses megatron,, a one track pony will only have success in a few towns and one of them is not san fran tonght
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
By the way, sup Rubber.

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Stay classy. Meanwhile I'm sure I'll get a ban for posting stats and countering factually incorrect assertions. Would enjoy seeing this place post-game.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Yes please...if 3 teams you played were 8-8...and you beat them...but if you didn't beat them, they would be 9-7...but if you didn't beat them you would be 7-9...please explain how that means something good for your team...?

It's circular reasoning... "The Lions didn't beat a winning team last year. Why? Because the Lions beat them" Basically what you're saying is that in some situations it proves something to lose to a team that is on the edge of having a winning record... Lets say the 49ers were in a similar situation at the end of the year and they were playing a division team that they had beaten previously and is currently 8-7... If the game meant nothing to the 9ers, you're saying that they would gain credibility by throwing the game so they could say they beat a winning team?

It also implies that somehow there is a huge difference between a team that ended the year 9-7 vs one that ended 8-8... As if there is some sort of credibility that comes with beating last year's Titans vs last years Cowboys...

Not to mention, what that would mean if the Lions win tonight... After all, Stafford can't beat a winning team... If you lose tonight, hang on fellas... You're in store for a losing season!

I get it though... It makes you feel all warm and cozy citing these meaningless stats... Like it makes you feel nice when the people on TV talk good about your team... Or any of the other 200 pages plus of mostly nonsense that this forum has cited... It's like your blanky when you're a kid... It's reassuring even though it serves no actual function other than soothing your fears...
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Stay classy. Meanwhile I'm sure I'll get a ban for posting stats and countering factually incorrect assertions. Would enjoy seeing this place post-game.

As long as you stay to your argument, and do not slip into trollish behavior, there is no reason why you cannot continue to post here. The second, though, that you incite or fail to follow the rules of this establishment, I suspect you would get run. Again, I told you, we are a cordial bunch, but we do have rules.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

that is the great thing about our defense, we are the most physical team in the nfl but far from being dirty, the lions have the market cornered on that. dirty is not another word for physical though mislead lions fans believe this to be true. oh we will punch them in the mouth and they will slink away into the night.

Originally posted by murtyle:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Yes please...if 3 teams you played were 8-8...and you beat them...but if you didn't beat them, they would be 9-7...but if you didn't beat them you would be 7-9...please explain how that means something good for your team...?

It's circular reasoning... "The Lions didn't beat a winning team last year. Why? Because the Lions beat them" Basically what you're saying is that in some situations it proves something to lose to a team that is on the edge of having a winning record... Lets say the 49ers were in a similar situation at the end of the year and they were playing a division team that they had beaten previously and is currently 8-7... If the game meant nothing to the 9ers, you're saying that they would gain credibility by throwing the game so they could say they beat a winning team?

It also implies that somehow there is a huge difference between a team that ended the year 9-7 vs one that ended 8-8... As if there is some sort of credibility that comes with beating last year's Titans vs last years Cowboys...

Not to mention, what that would mean if the Lions win tonight... After all, Stafford can't beat a winning team... If you lose tonight, hang on fellas... You're in store for a losing season!

I get it though... It makes you feel all warm and cozy citing these meaningless stats... Like it makes you feel nice when the people on TV talk good about your team... Or any of the other 200 pages plus of mostly nonsense that this forum has cited... It's like your blanky when you're a kid... It's reassuring even though it serves no actual function other than soothing your fears...

And what function did this stream of consciousness serve?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I swear, if we win this week, ESPN.com better put us at #1, Pats look like s**t today (regardless of if they win).

Why would they give you any credit for winning a game that is so clearly in the bag?

We wont see you though. Just like the Packers fans you will run and hide in a cave.
Originally posted by fropwns:

As long as you stay to your argument, and do not slip into trollish behavior, there is no reason why you cannot continue to post here. The second, though, that you incite or fail to follow the rules of this establishment, I suspect you would get run. Again, I told you, we are a cordial bunch, but we do have rules.

i was just playing around guys... id rather win fair and square. just trying to get this lions fan all heated! lol

look lion fan.. just cause you pass for more yards a game doesnt mean anything. like i stated earlier.. you guys are extremely pass heavy, so you should have more passing yards.. you have also stated you have an extremely talented front 7. now that may be true but you need to remember we THE BEST FRONT 7 OUT OF ALL 32 TEAMS IN THE NFL. that is a FACT not opinion. our team is more talented than yours overall. believe in your team but dont just come in here with crazy stats about passing when obviously we arnt a pass first team.

our defense is better than yours in every position... suh isnt better than smith so dont even bring that up.

on offense.. id take our line over yours because i think its better overall cause the lions line is terrible in run block. your wideouts are prolly better than ours just cause of megatron.. but to be honest with you i would take smith over stafford every day of the week. im su re you dont agree with that though.
Originally posted by fropwns:
By the way, sup Rubber.

fro man!!! my dude. Wassup! I am watching redzone, waiting for my SF Giants to come on. Then watch the niners win! Great sunday!
Share 49ersWebzone