LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Couple questions form a seattle fan coming to the thurs. night game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey there, me and my cousin picked up a couple tickets to see the hawks and niners at candlestick for the thursday night game, I think we're probably going to road-trip it and drive down.

Was wondering how the public transportation system to/from the stadium is for an evening game? My plan was to just get a hotel down town off of Market street since i'm at least a little familiar with the area and I know that there is a ton of public transportation there. You guys have such a great transit system compared to the mess we have in seattle I'm assuming there has to be something convenient for 9er's games and wanted to get the scoop from fans who might use it. Any info would be great! I'm not sure if I should be looking at busses, or the BART or a combination of both to get from there to the game.

Thanks in advance. You'll see from my limited post history here that I'm just a football fan not here to start anything other than conversations about the game. I'm just thankful the NFCW is starting to be come relevant again.
the stadium is right under the golden gate bridge. ENJOY
Pm User ChazBoner, he travels to almost every 49ers game from Wyoming so he is pretty familiar on the ways to go about the getting to the Stick. He is a good dude and will help you out
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM ]
You will want to stay somewhere around Jones and Eddy streets. There are some nice friendly hotels there. Then you will want to take Muni to the game via 3rd street. It's a straight shot directly to Candlestick through the tourist friendly Bayview district.

Good luck and have fun! Don't forget to wear your Seahawks colors!
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
Keep your head down and your mouth shut in the parking lot or else you're gonna get a split lip.(Not serious)

You'll have a good time, just try not to go wandering around outside the stadium and accidentally walk off towards Hunter's Point. You might end up getting shot(completely serious).
Haha yeah ive heard the area around the stadium isn't the best place. As far as trash talking goes as much as I love my team I'm smarter than to go into the stadium of a team that was a play away from the superbowl and get all uppity about my team and their consecutive 7-9 seasons. I'm sure we'll joke around with the fans around our seats but I'm not a huge douche, I just like to watch football.
Originally posted by mo_hawk:
Haha yeah ive heard the area around the stadium isn't the best place. As far as trash talking goes as much as I love my team I'm smarter than to go into the stadium of a team that was a play away from the superbowl and get all uppity about my team and their consecutive 7-9 seasons. I'm sure we'll joke around with the fans around our seats but I'm not a huge douche, I just like to watch football.

just dont wander around candlestick/hunters point, don't wanna hear a news story about some seahawks fans that got mugged/shot
If you're going from Market Street, take the BART down to Balboa park and then take a bus to the stadium from there. The bus is expensive, but they take you directly to the entrance of the stadium.
[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Sep 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]
remember to go to pier 39.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Just go to the 49erswebzone tailgate and eat your wife's butt and you will earn the respect of the 49er nation everywhere.

Originally posted by mo_hawk:
Hey there, me and my cousin picked up a couple tickets to see the hawks and niners at candlestick for the thursday night game, I think we're probably going to road-trip it and drive down.

Was wondering how the public transportation system to/from the stadium is for an evening game? My plan was to just get a hotel down town off of Market street since i'm at least a little familiar with the area and I know that there is a ton of public transportation there. You guys have such a great transit system compared to the mess we have in seattle I'm assuming there has to be something convenient for 9er's games and wanted to get the scoop from fans who might use it. Any info would be great! I'm not sure if I should be looking at busses, or the BART or a combination of both to get from there to the game.

Thanks in advance. You'll see from my limited post history here that I'm just a football fan not here to start anything other than conversations about the game. I'm just thankful the NFCW is starting to be come relevant again.

As someone already pointed out, take the BART to Balboa Park Station and take the MUNI shuttle from there. If I remember correctly, it'll cost you $12 for each rider for a round trip. Either that or verify with your hotel where you can take a shuttle from the downtown area.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Pm User ChazBoner, he travels to almost every 49ers game from Wyoming so he is pretty familiar on the ways to go about the getting to the Stick. He is a good dude and will help you out

He lives in Wyoming?
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

He lives in Wyoming?
Yeah, if I remember correctly his work has him in CA a lot but his home is in Wyoming
Originally posted by Garcia:
Just go to the 49erswebzone tailgate and eat your wife's butt and you will earn the respect of the 49er nation everywhere.

WTF?
http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mroutes/3comsvc.htm

Here is a link to all the different options.If you do NOT want to spend $12 dollars, take the T from downtown to Paul/Gillman and then take the express buses to the stadium. It will only be $4 round trip for everyone. It will take longer though than the BART to Balboa Park option, but it's cheaper. Going back into the city doing that route is absolutely awful and long to be honest, so I don't necessary recommend it.

EDIT:
Just to be clear, the T line is awful going back. The Balboa Park/Bart option is much smoother and faster if you simply want to get to Market and financial district.
[ Edited by elhebrewhammer on Sep 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone