LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

My Favorite Aldon Smith Moment

Shop Find 49ers gear online

.be

Because of the actual sack, not the situation. He is a beast.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
straight f**king raped that tackle.

they prolly looked at that game tape - then the tackle - and said "You're cut, GTFO"
Mine was against the Steelers. max starks was Aldons b***h that night and the guy was shaking his head and staring into oblivion on the bench after every series.

Originally posted by ace49ers:
Mine was against the Steelers. max starks was Aldons b***h that night and the guy was shaking his head and staring into oblivion on the bench after every series.

Yeah, that's mine. Mainly because I cannot stand Big Ben.
holy pwnage!!!

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
This is one of my favorites, too.

He did that s**t to other tackles last season, too, IIRC.

BEAST!

With those long arms of his, he can get to the tackle before they're expecting it, so they're still in a backpedal and are off balance.

As impressive as Aldon Smith is, I've seen Patrick Willis tossing aside guards who were coming forward and then stuffing the ball carrier.

The 49ers front seven is just unreal.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
This is one of my favorites, too.

He did that s**t to other tackles last season, too, IIRC.

BEAST!

With those long arms of his, he can get to the tackle before they're expecting it, so they're still in a backpedal and are off balance.

As impressive as Aldon Smith is, I've seen Patrick Willis tossing aside guards who were coming forward and then stuffing the ball carrier.

The 49ers front seven is just unreal.

And too think he should only get better as it goes.

I loved when Chucky said "Aldon Smith is going to the HOF if this game lasts much longer."
Dont know which part I liked better,

- The part where he freaking bulldozed a fully grown 300 pound professional lineman.
- Or the diving spearhead tackle he made on the QB after r@ping said lineman.
i like the safety he forced in detroit myself

That OT made the classic mistake of taking a backward step and Aldon perfectly timed hitting him so his momentum carried backwards. That is great timing by Aldon. I don't think OT's expect Aldon to have any power because he looks so light and long. But he has already shown way more rushing moves than I would ever have expected from a rookie. Most rookies have one move, and its typically a speed outside rush that NFL tackles simply ride wide of bury with brute strength.

Aldon has shown the ability to power rush, speed rush outside, speed rush inside cut, and loop inside.

The crazy thing about Aldon's college scouting tape was he showed very little first step burst - which is what I think NFL scouts typically look for. Maybe it was that leg injury his senior year. What he showed was an ability to get through tight spaces, from different alignments, to get to the QB and then close to make the sack. I was really wondering if that would translate well to the NFL.

BUT DAMN, Baalke (and scouting staff) really saw what I think others didn't and that was Aldon's ability to close. It is really unique.

If you think of other great pass rushers - Derek Thomas had an amazign first (second and third!) step. Deacon Jones had power and relentlessness in a straight line to the QB. Smith is most like Charles Haley - his long stride is deceptively powerful, fluid, and his close with those long arms is amazing.
My fave was when he sprinted to the sideline that game.
[ Edited by NINERBOY on Sep 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM ]
that sack in the nfccg on eli manning
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trb77iii:

.be

Because of the actual sack, not the situation. He is a beast.

That vid is awesome
Originally posted by TheChozen:

I loved when Chucky said "Aldon Smith is going to the HOF if this game lasts much longer."
lol That was pretty cool..
Share 49ersWebzone