LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 138 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This game I'm thinking just a couple of short series for both the starting offense and defense. The rest of the game belongs to the backups. Would not be surprised if Harbaugh already got the starters game-planing for Green Bay. That's 2 weeks for Green Bay.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This game I'm thinking just a couple of short series for both the starting offense and defense. The rest of the game belongs to the backups. Would not be surprised if Harbaugh already got the starters game-planing for Green Bay. That's 2 weeks for Green Bay.

Harbaugh has been game planning for the Packers since the schedule came out.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this...and honestly the first 3 games are probably planned out
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this...and honestly the first 3 games are probably planned out

Week 3 doesn't have me worried whatsoever. However the first 2 games are grown ass man matchups
I hope Jenkins plays a lot and keeps progressing. He has shown flashes the last couple of games but he does not have very many catches. If he is playing 2 or 3 quarters I would like to see 4 or 5 catches and a TD would be nice.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'd expect 1-2 series for most of the starters. Don't look for anybody who is somewhat nicked to play. Maybe Bowman, Culliver, Dobbs, Aldon... then maybe Justin and Gore get the night off. Manningham probably gets hid again... (although last week was due to a funeral)...

A couple things I think might need to get settled yet:
PS LB Wilhoite vs Holland
5th CB Brock vs Mosley or only 4 CBs?
If we go 5 S Thomas, McBath or Colin Jones
4th OLB - Bakhtiari seems like favorite, Rowe with great game against Broncos plus experience from last year with us
PS Center Slowey? vs Beeler
Dixon - Cartwright stalemate... who the heck knows if they have made up there mind on that yet

Mcbath has been a dissapointment so far
Start kaepernick.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Start kaepernick.

I agree. I want to see Kaep have a full half and maybe more, with Hunter, LMJ, Jenkins, Williams, and Reuland. Let's see what we have in these guys.
I also would like to see Kaep get a hefty chunk of starting time. Let's end the debate here and now about whether or not he's worthy of being the #2. Sit Smith, since we know what we have from him and wouldn't wanna risk losing him to injury.

From there, Let Tolz and JJ battle it out for the #3. And REAALLLLYYY let them duke it out. That way we know for certain who deserves the #3, and who deserves to be traded or given the axe! In other words, prove me wrong about Scott Tolzien's arm strength, and prove me wrong about Josh Johnson's accuracy.

Game #4 of the preseason. Time for the backups to bring it!

Originally posted by 559_er:
I also would like to see Kaep get a hefty chunk of starting time. Let's end the debate here and now about whether or not he's worthy of being the #2. Sit Smith, since we know what we have from him and wouldn't wanna risk losing him to injury.

From there, Let Tolz and JJ battle it out for the #3. And REAALLLLYYY let them duke it out. That way we know for certain who deserves the #3, and who deserves to be traded or given the axe! In other words, prove me wrong about Scott Tolzien's arm strength, and prove me wrong about Josh Johnson's accuracy.

Game #4 of the preseason. Time for the backups to bring it!

Nice post. I agree

I can find no listing for a live local broadcast on KPIX 5 tomorrow. Could it be my AT&T guide is wrong or is the NFL trying to pimp the last week of their Pre-Season live package?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
just found out i am going to the game tomorrow

anyone else?
Originally posted by Garcia:

anyone else?
i'll be there for a half
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Garcia:

anyone else?
i'll be there for a half

I'll be there.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I can find no listing for a live local broadcast on KPIX 5 tomorrow. Could it be my AT&T guide is wrong or is the NFL trying to pimp the last week of their Pre-Season live package?

I am in Utah so I dont know how many local stations get games in the preseason but Utah is technically a "local market" for Denver games and we did not receive any Denver games. My interpretation of the preseason TV schedule at least for my TV Market is that the NFL chose only a 1 or 2 games each day to broadcast nationally and if your team was not one of the lucky games picked then the fans were SOL and had to illegally stream or fork over the $15-20 for Preseason Live.
Share 49ersWebzone