LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

49ers signed OLB Kenny Rowe, cut FS Mark LeGree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-add-to-thin-group-of-outside-lineb?blockID=755393&feedID=2800
"A step slow" Kenny Rowe, loved him in college but thought he would get moved inside to have a chance.
Ah, remember we had him for a short while... kinda liked him. I don't see him beating out Bakhtiara or Cam Johnson, but he is likely just here to be practice fodder during the week while Aldon heals.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Ah, remember we had him for a short while... kinda liked him. I don't see him beating out Bakhtiara or Cam Johnson, but he is likely just here to be practice fodder during the week while Aldon heals.

Says Aldon is out a few weeks, and Fleming has the ACL tear, and is on 90 man because of stupid rule. And Cam has knee checked on, so down to just a few LBs that can play OLB. Haralson, Brooks, Bakhtiari, Rowe, Brown and Holland. Obviously, the 1st 2 won't play much, so need depth, I can see him move over to ILB sometimes.
Damn I feel bad for LeGree, someone I know knows him. Bummer.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Yea, I feel bad for all the guys that get cut. Tough profession to break into.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Yea, I feel bad for all the guys that get cut. Tough profession to break into.

It has gotta suck for those guys who are on the cusp on making it, but numbers game get the better of them. Of course waivers happen, maybe LeGree is back on PS, or he ends up on another teams PS or 53 man. I always hated the fact of the size of the roster. 53 man isn't enough, I wish it was between 55 and 57 man active roster, then you wouldn't have so many hard choices.
I hope Aldon Smith's injury isn't bad.
The word is that Aldon is fine.
Actually now that I think about it. We need depth here for next year. We were already thin and it is unlikely we sign Haralson after this season. So we really do need to find some new blood at OLB for depth. That probably has more to do with it than Aldon's injury.

It's weird, we still have an open roster spot, wonder why we cut LeGree? Maybe he showed nothing, or something we don't know.
Who?
I thouight the knock on him was his weight, not his speed.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
I thouight the knock on him was his weight, not his speed.

Maybe both, but definitely speed. He ran a 4.9 at his pro day. Not sure what he's up to weight-wise these days...
Share 49ersWebzone