LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Preseason Week minus 1: Thoughts BEFORE first preseason game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
We have to expect the momentary, knee-jerk reactions. Hey, that comes from being a passionate fan "in the heat of battle." I think a lot of that can be entertaining. It does, however, become ridiculous and annoying if people take it too far or hold onto it days after the game.
True. You said it much better than I did.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
We have to expect the momentary, knee-jerk reactions. Hey, that comes from being a passionate fan "in the heat of battle." I think a lot of that can be entertaining. It does, however, become ridiculous and annoying if people take it too far or hold onto it days after the game.

Yes, but you are far better looking and have a bigger package. (so the ladies tell me)

Heres how I see it honestly:

If we win the opener at GB, I see us being 13-3 again or 12-4.

If we lose the home opener I see us being 11-5 or 10-6.

Regardless we win the division.

Week 1 for preseason I want to see :

Aldon play OLB, not just as a pass rusher.

Alex and his chemistry with the new WRs

Kendall and LMJ

Backup/rookie secondary and how they play coverage

How Kaepernick is doing with a full off season

Yes, but you are far better looking and have a bigger package. (so the ladies tell me)

lol. Yes, I send big packages to ladies all the time. (Usually flowers or candy.)

("Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker." as someone once said.)
I love point number 6. Being from Wisconsin, all I hear about is how the Niners can't be as good as last season because of Alex Smith and no way in repeating the TO margin. Ironically, the Packers were +24.

But, I don't think the TO margin needs to be repeated. The defense will put more pressure on the QB this year and force more punts... plus like point 6 points out, the offense isn't going to be awful in the red zone or on 3rd downs.... even big plays will be improved
I agree with all of your points. If Randy Moss gaines more than 400 yds and 4 tds I'll be surprised.
Excellent Post.

While I agree with you about Dashon being overrated, I love the big hits. He is a great fit for this D, he lays the pipe and pretty much epitomizes the toughness of this Defense, IMHO.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Here's my thoughts to the fans.

Don't have a panic attack if our defense looks like Swiss cheese and our offense looks like a tractor. JH doesn't use preseason like Nolan and Sing did. They tried to win in preseason whereas JH will use it for teaching purposes like a practice.

Completely agree. The performance of the team good or bad has no bearing on the way they will play during the season. I just watch for individual performances
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
you make excellent points. I look forward to reading more from you.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Completely agree. The performance of the team good or bad has no bearing on the way they will play during the season. I just watch for individual performances

Yes! Mainly from the more unproven players. The OL will be my main focus this month (and probably always thereafter). It is that group that I feel will make or break our SB dreams.

Originally posted by Marvin49:

Yes! Mainly from the more unproven players. The OL will be my main focus this month (and probably always thereafter). It is that group that I feel will make or break our SB dreams.

Correct. I'm most looking forward to seing LaMichael James. I want to see if he looks as quick in the NFL as he did in college.
cc, nice bunch of posts, and JoeC, likewise. I will add one thing that another poster mentioned and that is LaMic. I don't know if there ever has been a team that converted all its 3rd downs, but altho we won't do THAT this yr, I fully expect to see alex read left, look at his 2 WRs, glance at vernon, and if anyone is open, sling it. If not, however, i can see LaMic splitting wide right of alex, and getting a pass/lateral if no one is open on first glance. Then let their D try to figure out how the heck to tackle La Mic. Nobody and that includes Coach H in college ever did. I really think he is a smaller, faster, Sproles, and will be used this yr solely for getting us our 3rd down conversions. I also think Coach has figured one step ahead, for when the D puts a spy on LaMic, that leaves either vernon or one WR 1 on 1...or Delanie. We were dead last in 3rd down conversions last yr( or darn close) and i actually can see us lead the league in 3rd down conversions this yr. If that happens, or we come close, we win it all.

lol. Yes, I send big packages to ladies all the time. (Usually flowers or candy.)

("Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker." as someone once said.)

You guys should open mouth kiss
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
You guys should open mouth kiss

Ooh.. someone's feeling left out! Come here, young feller, just let me get my teeth in first for your smoochin'.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
you make excellent points. I look forward to reading more from you.

Account hacked
Share 49ersWebzone