There are 159 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:
it wasnt such a bad game considering we pulled most of our starters when they didnt.

the best part of that game was us just running pretty well vs their defense

Hunter is a beast. so far he has 6.3 YPC on 11 attempts for 70 yards.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Frank Gore just said that he talked to LMJ and he told him that he's fine and that he just rolled his ankle.
link?

It was during his interview on the 5th quarter.
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Aug 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
it wasnt such a bad game considering we pulled most of our starters when they didnt.

There were weeks where I thought Hunter was better than Gore last season. I think he is going to have a big year if he gets enough carries this season.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by sfout:

There were weeks where I thought Hunter was better than Gore last season. I think he is going to have a big year if he gets enough carries this season.

Same. People on here keep being weird with comparisons but saying Hunter is a lot like MJD is a valid comparison. Just cause he doesn't have thick thighs doesn't make him different. I think he is an unbelievable between the tackle runner.
hunter and aj jenkins were the brightest spots of today

moss also looked good

i am very happy with how both the first team offesne and defense looked
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
JJ still looked better that Kaepernick.

It's gonna be painful sacrificing either JJ or Tolzien at the expense of keeping Kaepernick now.
Well, from the way it looks so far, I see Tolzien as our #2 and JJ as our #3. Don't be surprised to see Kaepernick cut or traded.

JJ will be cut

promise?
It's funny how stacked the niners are at RB when the 3rd and 4th RBs go down and it's a big deal.

No, no, like I said even though we didn't bring our A game we still held with them with our 1s and then our 2s vs their 1s... minus the punt return TD it was pretty much an evenly played game despite being on the road and playing against a hostel team and fans who wanted to win more than us.
I just hate to see anyone on the 49ers get hurt. I also hate these officials. They have to go.
Just like last year, WRs dropping balls is our curse. JJ needs to go and we need to test Tolzien against better players to see what he really has. I think he might be better than Kaep but both had WRs dropping balls left and right. JJ missed an easy TD with Jenkins today and was pretty off with most of his passes.

As weird as it may sound right now, I liked what I saw from Smith. He was actually trusting his receivers to be where they were supposed to be. Throwing well on timing routes. The WRs just need to be there next time. I can't wait to see what he does when we stop playing vanilla.

I thought moss looked good today. He was getting past defenders and besides that one bad drop he looked great I thought. I need to rewatch the game again though, emotions were running high the entire time.

Oh to add a few things: Whenever it feels like we're getting blown out... We're not. It's weird. The Ravens game felt like a blowout but was very close. Same with this one.

also very glad to hear James and Jacobs should be okay. I was loving what I saw from Jacobs. James i'm still not sure on, he hasn't been doing too much honestly. But still, we need them both to be healthy.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
It's funny how stacked the niners are at RB when the 3rd and 4th RBs go down and it's a big deal.

x2.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

x2.

That's cause in Soviet San Francisco, RB IS QB!!!
did cam johnson play?
Outta the country and couldn't watch the game... Did this have the feel of a game where after Jacobs went down the team looked more interested in getting it over with and off the field rather than executing?

Even though it sounds like a less than stellar performance, this seems like a good "bring Em down to earth" game... Going 4-0 in preseason is like the kiss of death for the regular season, would rather have some weak performances to light the fires under some players butts if we plan on being ready for green bay right off the bat.
Share 49ersWebzone