LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
1st 2nd and 3rd string defense have not given up a touchdown in two games..can't hate on that!
Originally posted by okdkid:
Schefter: X-rays on 49ers running back Brandon Jacobs' left knee were negative but he is scheduled to undergo an MRI on it Sunday.

Does an x-ray show anything other than bone? MRI is for tendon and muscle damage, right?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
1st 2nd and 3rd string defense have not given up a touchdown in two games..can't hate on that!

Pretty sure the 2nd string D gave up a TD at the end of the 1st half.

I'm actually not concerned with the team's performance. It's pre-season. The injuries have me freaking out though.
What about LaMichael... any words...
Added this in my stock up or down thread.... overall we were sloppy but despite that we held with them for 3 full quarters. Not to mention the Texans kept their starters in much longer and props to their fans because they treated this like a regular season game. And despite all that minus the return TD it was a 13-9 close played game. 267-279 in yards, both gave up 2 sacks, 0 ints, both teams lost 0 fumbles, total time of possession was within 8 seconds, 7-9 in penalties...

Side note: of course I don't want James or Jacobs to be out but if we had to we could ride Gore and Hunter this year again. I would give Hunter a shot at short yardage back since he runs so hard (if jacobs is out). One good thing is Hunter keeps improving and is showing he will be the future when Gore is gone.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Schefter: X-rays on 49ers running back Brandon Jacobs' left knee were negative but he is scheduled to undergo an MRI on it Sunday.

I'm gonna guess and say he misses 6-8 weeks. It still looked bad.
Good thing is we have 3 weeks until the season starts so it shouldn't cut too much into the season. Better than him going down the last pre-season game.
X-ray doesn't mean squat to me, it's the MRI that I care about.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Good thing is we have 3 weeks until the season starts so it shouldn't cut too much into the season. Better than him going down the last pre-season game.

Agree
Harbaugh confirmed that Jacobs' ACL is fine, but he "will miss some time."

Thank God..!

Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Maybe Jacob's has a bone bruise or some deep tissue injury. It could still a mcl or something. The hit didn't look good
Frank Gore just said that he talked to LMJ and he told him that he's fine and that he just rolled his ankle.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Added this in my stock up or down thread.... overall we were sloppy but despite that we held with them for 3 full quarters. Not to mention the Texans kept their starters in much longer and props to their fans because they treated this like a regular season game. And despite all that minus the return TD it was a 13-9 close played game. 267-279 in yards, both gave up 2 sacks, 0 ints, both teams lost 0 fumbles, total time of possession was within 8 seconds, 7-9 in penalties...

Side note: of course I don't want James or Jacobs to be out but if we had to we could ride Gore and Hunter this year again. I would give Hunter a shot at short yardage back since he runs so hard (if jacobs is out). One good thing is Hunter keeps improving and is showing he will be the future when Gore is gone.

it wasnt such a bad game considering we pulled most of our starters when they didnt.

the best part of that game was us just running pretty well vs their defense
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Frank Gore just said that he talked to LMJ and he told him that he's fine and that he just rolled his ankle.
link?
Share 49ersWebzone