LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

LaMic

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Spectacular vid, and thanks for posting. Several things:

My recollection that he runs between tackles was correct...most of the time.

He is either hard to find or has one helluva OL blocking for him...actually both.

That is not why he was drafted by Coach H. Harbaugh is going to use him on 3rd downs, in RZ, mainly to move the chains, and to score inside the 20. But not between the tackles. Maybe he can run between the tackles, but my guess is the pros D line is not going to let him run there. Outside? You bet. My guess is he lines up wide of alex, who goes thru his progression, nobody open, and a lateral or pass to La Mic in the backfield, and then he dances his way to 1st down. I also think he is go to guy whenever alex is in trouble, and will be our #1 receiver this yr in both catches and yds, plus will have most YAC ever.

I sincerely doubt Coach wants him meeting some bigger, faster LB or corner in a head to head. On the corners, lookout.

After a few successful games, I expect Ds to put a spy on him. Once they do that we just throw to Vernon, Moss, mario, frank, delanie, crbtre, kyle, AJ....or a tackle eligible. I don't think with Harbaugh's game plan, anyone is going to be able to stop the kid, unless there are spies, which is just giving us free range to throw down the field. With Frank and LaMic in backfield, our chance of running for a 1st down are suddenly markedly better. Playcalling will be essential, but Coach is up for it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude is gonna be our #1 and a beast within a year or two.
Actually, Chaz, I don't think so, at least gut wise. Let somebody else pound the line. Let LaMic stay healthy, catch a bazillion passes or laterals, and lead us to glory. My preference would be that he NOT run between the tackles...tho you know he is going to want to. Much as I like Sproles, I like LaMic even better.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Actually, Chaz, I don't think so, at least gut wise. Let somebody else pound the line. Let LaMic stay healthy, catch a bazillion passes or laterals, and lead us to glory. My preference would be that he NOT run between the tackles...tho you know he is going to want to. Much as I like Sproles, I like LaMic even better.

See I've been saying LaMic is like LaSproles! While others said MJD or Ray Rice...
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

See I've been saying LaMic is like LaSproles! While others said MJD or Ray Rice...

LaMic doesnt have those tree trunk legs that LaMaurice and LaRay have.
  • mod
  • Veteran
after watching the video, LaMic is definitely gay... he kinda runs gay.

Not that I have a problem with it, I'm totally cool with gay people
LaDyke
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by verb1der:

You're LaRight, but he has time to grow. Should add some muscle from the training camp and with niner trainers.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I think you're thinking of Hunter. Guys were saying he's like Sproles (based on the size), but he really is more of a one cut power runner.
LaMicheal + fly sweep =

Oregon's offense is so lame. Its funny how the spread offense is so hard to stop at the college level. They live in the shotgun yet never throw. James is very quick and I can't wait to see how the Niners plan on using him. Doubt he sees too much action this season though. Gore and Hunter are going to beast!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone