LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

The 49ers signed G Leonard Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is just insurance policy in case the young ones don't pan out during TC/preseason. They can still cut him if he doesn't show anything once in pads. He was one of those that should have been moved to guard in the begining. Like so many we hear about at draft time, but a teams deserate need for a player at that position can make any team do silly things.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Davis said he is a good fit for the 49ers because of the team's affinity for running the football. Davis (6-foot-6, 375 pounds) is built to provide push in the run game.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Leonard-Davis-passes-first-tests-toward-?blockID=746783&feedID=5936

Whoa, gaurd it is....LOL

Imagine having to block Leonard Davis, Anthony Davis out in front of a 260 pound Brandon Jacobs with 330 pound Isaac Sopoaga out in front as a lead fullback!

Thats a lot of human flesh. lol

Jeezuz
Originally posted by NickV:
Davis said he is a good fit for the 49ers because of the team's affinity for running the football. Davis (6-foot-6, 375 pounds) is built to provide push in the run game.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Leonard-Davis-passes-first-tests-toward-?blockID=746783&feedID=5936

Whoa, gaurd it is....LOL

Imagine having to block Leonard Davis, Anthony Davis out in front of a 260 pound Brandon Jacobs with 330 pound Isaac Sopoaga out in front as a lead fullback!

Jeezuz

TrueV
Big boy! Let's see what he has got.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Whoa, gaurd it is....LOL

Jeezuz

TrueV

Or how bout instead of Jacobs we have small ass Lamichael James come from outta nowhere behind Davis ass cheeks and break off a long ass run.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Whoa, gaurd it is....LOL

Jeezuz

TrueV

Or how bout instead of Jacobs we have small ass Lamichael James come from outta nowhere behind Davis ass cheeks and break off a long ass run.

you used the word ass 3 times in that sentence
Nice signing - how many 1st rounder do we have right now? I know we have 3 additions including LD.
Originally posted by globalking:
Nice signing - how many 1st rounder do we have right now? I know we have 3 additions including LD.

Nice first post.
he wont make the final roster
Eh

Back in March, I had a feeling the Niners would eventually sign Davis. I hope he has a couple good years left in him. Whether he starts will be based on a few things:

1. How well he blocks on play action passes.
2. His stamina over a whole game.
3. If he can develop a rapport with Goodwin and A. Davis to work as a team on the right side of the line.
4. Whether he has the footwork for the occasional pull, and for blocking effectively at the second level.

I think Harbaugh et al. would prefer Davis start and have Boone available to play tackle if/when one of the starters goes down (or if Boone can win a starting job at tackle outright, more power to him).
I have mixed feelings about this one. I know Boone is untested at G, but I think he'll adjust pretty well. Plus we have some promising projects and a couple of good looking rookies we drafted. So in that way I really don't like this move. However, I do understand the move considering that G is the only question mark on the line. JH is quite consistent with forcing good play out of players up and down the roster with competition. I can't disagree with that, so in that way I like the move. So far JH's methods have worked. Now I doubt he'll beat out Boone but he"ll provide some competition. How many people think he'll make the team?
It's just adding more depth. Why is this being debated so much?
Seriously, this is was a smart depth/veteran signing, very happy with this. -Everybody knows this means L.Davis will replace Boone at his usual 'swing-tackle' job (with Boone running away with the RG job). Perfect for Leonard because he isn't a 3-down OG anymore, but can perform 100% when used in strict-moderation.

Jesus, our line is turning into a fully mobile walking tank...
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Why is this being debated so much?

On offense, defense, and ST we only have one starting position that isn't solidified, and we just signed an aging former pro-bowler at that position today.

That we're debating something as trivial as this is a good thing. It means we don't have a lot of problems.
Share 49ersWebzone