LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

The 49ers signed G Leonard Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goaline offense put in leanoard davis as fb with jacobs running behind him lol!! HOLY f**k!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

He looks like LT in that pick, but bigger. Lets just hope he's not smoking crack on his free time.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
He looks like LT in that pick, but bigger. Lets just hope he's not smoking crack on his free time.

Ran into him a couple months ago out here in AZ at a church function so I'm pretty sure he's on the up and up I think this is a very good signing! Go Ninerz!!!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Hmmm.... a career disappointment but it'll add some depth and competition.

A career disappointment who has been to three pro-bowls?

Interesting.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Boone seems to have the RG spot all but locked up.

All but locked up? He has yet to take a single practice snap in pads at the position and we're still piling on at the OG spot.

Really don't understand how this meme got started.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Interesting.

He was a disappointment in Arizona because he was drafted to play LT. He made the Pro Bowl in Dallas as a guard.

Not to say he's not a good player, but you don't take a guy #2 overall to play guard.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
can we still get called for a penalty after an offsides on defense?

Yes and offense can still commit a penalty. The fouls would offset and the down would be replayed. As long as the offside defender isn't "unabated" to the QB of course. Also, if there is a 15 yard penalty by either team, that penalty will enforced.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Interesting.

He was a disappointment in Arizona because he was drafted to play LT. He made the Pro Bowl in Dallas as a guard.

Not to say he's not a good player, but you don't take a guy #2 overall to play guard.

Yeah, I'm just objecting to the use of the term "career disappointment."

Gerard Warren, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Jamal Reynolds and Andre Carter were also picked in the top 10 that year, and they collectively have one good season between them.

I wouldn't even call Andre Carter a "career disappointment," and he ain't had the career Davis has.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Some athletics make as big a contribution off the field as they do on it. Leonard Davis is one of those individuals.
so he doesn't do s**t off the field, what a dick

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Davis said he is a good fit for the 49ers because of the team's affinity for running the football. Davis (6-foot-6, 375 pounds) is built to provide push in the run game.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Leonard-Davis-passes-first-tests-toward-?blockID=746783&feedID=5936

Whoa, gaurd it is....LOL

Imagine having to block Leonard Davis, Anthony Davis out in front of a 260 pound Brandon Jacobs with 330 pound Isaac Sopoaga out in front as a lead fullback!
Come Back Player of the Year
Yeah, I'm just objecting to the use of the term "career disappointment."

Gerard Warren, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Jamal Reynolds and Andre Carter were also picked in the top 10 that year, and they collectively have one good season between them.

I wouldn't even call Andre Carter a "career disappointment," and he ain't had the career Davis has.

I guess that may have been a bit too harsh, but no one gets drafter number two to play guard. He failed at tackle and was a bust in AZ, after they drafted him top five, so he got moved to guard. Playing in the Dallas helps you get a lot of attention and to the pro bowl. Who knows if he would have made the pro bowl at guard in say Jacksonville.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Good. thank god the niners did something for the offensive line. i know we have "potential" there with boone but come on, we are really untested there and our draft pick has a broken foot. I had two concerns about this team and I am glad the team listened to those concerns by signing a vet safety and leonard davis. I hope the kids take those spots but it is very good to have some vets who do not cost you much money come in here and compete.i was hoping the team would sign either davis or kyle kosier. I feel so much better about those areas with the signings of the last three days.with those signings, the team agrees with many of us who thought about depth on the line and safety was thin. despite what some are saying,, boone does not have the right gaurd spot locked up. if he does, this signing would have never taken place
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
ITA. Make no mistake .... we WILL need someone to play OT this season besides Davis and Staley. Someone will be out for a critical series, game or two. As I see it this is an upgrade over Adam Snyder any way you cut it.

of course this is true! good job
Share 49ersWebzone