LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

dashon goldson signs his franchise tender

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
More awareness? It's a safety's job to make a play on the ball

I can't agree with what Goldson did on this particular play... Watch from this vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE-UZBjMSLc

right from the start, you can see that Tarell Brown had great coverage in front (underneath) of the receiver. Goldson was the last line of defense that was supposed to be over the top of the receiver.

Sh*t happens, and I am really not throwing tons of blame or "hate" on Goldson for this... but if forced to examine for blame? Sorry, blame has to go to Goldson here. He would have to of had zero peripheral vision to not see Brown, as Brown was slightly in front of him. Same can't be said vice versa.

Again... one play... and Sh*t happens... Water under the bridge now.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
okee, don't hate him no mo...Now, plez Dashon, no more knocking T Brown out, see his play, and let him have it. Thank you soo much..
NINERS!

what a stupid post

It would be in the best interests of the team if he did play with more awareness, don't see what is stupid about wanting that.

More awareness? It's a safety's job to make a play on the ball

It is a free safety's job to be the last line of defense. To keep the play in front of him and know where the play is going and where he needs to be on that play. It's not to go after a ball that a team mate is in the process of intercepting. Situational and positional awareness are things that can be improved upon. For the record, I like him, he is the best FS we have had since Hanks, in my opinion. I just think he can improve his game.
Share 49ersWebzone