There are 317 users in the forums

dashon goldson signs his franchise tender

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The franchise number increases significantly the second time around ~ $7.5M

Thats a bargain for 1 year if he goes to another probowl
Glad to see he did not hold out. Shows that even without the long term deal, the team and the goals they've set for the season come above the dollars. In an era where way too many athletes hold out and refuse to honor their multi-million dollar contracts this is nice to see.
Love the team first attitude from Goldson. No long term deal.........no problem. This is great news.
okee, don't hate him no mo...Now, plez Dashon, no more knocking T Brown out, see his play, and let him have it. Thank you soo much..
NINERS!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
okee, don't hate him no mo...Now, plez Dashon, no more knocking T Brown out, see his play, and let him have it. Thank you soo much..
NINERS!

what a stupid post
I really hope that Goldson takes this as motivation to keep getting better, if he's able to polish his cover skills a bit and have another 6+ picks season, I think he will get his big pay day.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its probably the over abundance of corn in your diet.

listen,, sunday i got some sugar sweet corn fresh from the fields,,, you grill it or boil it, dump a ton of butter, salt and pepper on it and you are hooked.. now of course if you do not chew your corn all the way, it does tend to come out in your poop

Try your corn the Mexican way

what the hell is that?

Corn cooked in a meth lab?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
NINERS!

what a stupid post

It would be in the best interests of the team if he did play with more awareness, don't see what is stupid about wanting that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
good news

link:http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Goldson-Signs-One-Year-Franchise-Tender/5455a981-4fe7-448d-8daf-0103303d939f

ahhhhhhhhh yeahhhh ALL 11 STARTERS BACK ON D!!

championship

when's the last time that happened? probably before free agency.
I know it was always a matter of when he was gonna sign, but now that he has, damn we can officially say that whole defence is back!

Man im glad he finally signed. Now he can work more on polishing up his coverage skills in camp.
Whatever happened to that other safety we drafted? Taylor Mays was it? Where is he now?
Originally posted by eastie:
Whatever happened to that other safety we drafted? Taylor Mays was it? Where is he now?

Traded to the Bengals for a 2013 7th round draft pick. Read that he is competing for a starting S job there...
http://blog.49ers.com/2012/07/30/49ers-safeties-play-unselfish/

49ers Safeties Play Unselfish

"He's a very unselfish guy," Whitner said (of Goldson). "He's really a team player and with the uncertainty of the NFL … and to come in here and take that risk, it sends a message to his teammates, coaching staff and the organization that I'm here to win football games." Naturally, Whitner and Goldson have taken on a leadership role in the meeting rooms, helping Ed Donatell spread knowledge of the game. "We really don't have a lot of experience behind me and Dashon," Whitner said. "It's our responsibility – me and him – to help the guys behind us because they don't have experience. It's a difference being in practice and hearing what the coaches say … and going into a football game and having the confidence to know what to do, how to do it and how to get it done." Robinson, a sixth-round pick of the 49ers in April's draft, is listed at 5-foot-9, 193 pounds, while Whitner is listed at 5-10, 208 pounds. Given their similar stature, Whitner has given Robinson extra attention in the meeting rooms and on the field during practice. It takes a dose of humility to try and educate young teammates who could eventually take your job, but it's an undertaking Whitner enjoys. "We have no egos in that room," Whitner said.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
NINERS!

what a stupid post

It would be in the best interests of the team if he did play with more awareness, don't see what is stupid about wanting that.

More awareness? It's a safety's job to make a play on the ball
Share 49ersWebzone