LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by anubis5:
I got three free tickets for tomorrows game. any takers?

You serious!? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
what time can we start tailgating?
I think if the niners whip the vikings badly, the last cuts of the niners will be sought after like piranhas after a juicy sausage. I think many of their OL and DL plus dbs will be targeted for signings. There seems to be a real lack of quality players on many teams. I for one do not want to lose Tolzien and many guys like Nelms and the safety from stanford. If the niners lose Nathan Palmer and Tyms and Owusu, I think some teams will greatly benefit.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think if the niners whip the vikings badly, the last cuts of the niners will be sought after like piranhas after a juicy sausage. I think many of their OL and DL plus dbs will be targeted for signings. There seems to be a real lack of quality players on many teams. I for one do not want to lose Tolzien and many guys like Nelms and the safety from stanford. If the niners lose Nathan Palmer and Tyms and Owusu, I think some teams will greatly benefit.

Every year I think that, but it's pretty rare that other teams snatch up players cut from other teams. It does happen, but not very frequently. After all, each team has 90 players now and needs to shrink their rosters down to 53. It's pretty rare that a player cut from one club is better than the 53 for each team. Of all our soon-to-be released, I think Ian Williams and Nathan Palmer (if they are cut, which I am expecting) would be the most likely to be snatched up by another team.
What are the odds lamichael James leads the preseason in rushing?

Didn't Dixon,hunter,and coffee all do it
its finally Friday!!!!!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Not sure, but Thomas Clayton did it like 3 times..lol
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Not sure, but Thomas Clayton did it like 3 times..lol

Hahaha future HOFer Thomas clayton
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
If crabtree and Ginn start. That means Kap gets Moss and Manningham. Oh my he could look really good!

sure,, gotta give the kid some confidence

Really helps all three (individually) due to the fact that Kaep has the strongest arm of all 4 QBs, and that Moss & Manningham are both very new to the system, would love to see Kaep at least dart a missile down to Moss before the end of the 1st quarter.

You guys forget how we used personnel early in the season last year at the WR position before everyone got hurt.

You had Crabs, Braylon, Morgan, Ginn, VD, & Walker all rotating in and out for different formations. The Packers do similar things with Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Driver, & Finley. The old system of a #1 & #2 does not apply to this team anymore.

Don't be surprised to see Moss, Manningham, or even Kyle Williams come in during the first offensive drive. In fact, I'd bet you'll see Moss on the field within the first 5 plays of the game.

I'd also bet Kaep gets Kyle Williams, AJ Jenkins, and Nathan Palmer... not Moss & Manningham. Our new free agents won't play in the second quarter... I guarantee it.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM ]
GAMEDAY.

JIZZ

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch Colin Kaepernick will be No. 2 QB in preseason opener, Harbaugh said. #49ers

That is an awesome movie...
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i guess that would be better then gettign sacked

doesnt matter

alex wasnt sacked much above 3 seconds but he was the most sacked qb under 3 seconds

short of it being designed run play no way any qb runs under 3 seconds

and i dont think kaaaaaep will run much i think that was just due to superior CB play he didnt run much last year if at all i dont see it as a problem

dude, how do u even know he's talking about Alex??

Because every post he makes is about bashing Smith. It's no great leap to know what he is getting at, and if he did mean something else, and that is a HUGE if, then he has brought this on himself with his trolling in the past week or two in the Smith thread. It is the reputation he has built for himself, he can't really complain about it.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
lol f**k .

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers Randy Moss will play Friday; Kyle Williams will "most defintely" return punts, per Harbaugh. Williams backup PR.

nooooooooo

I will boo him.

"we want hunter"

would you prefer that KW return punts when it matters? or do it when the game doesnt matter? Honestly, if youre gonna boo him, dont even bother calling yourself fans. Like seriously, get over yourselves. Practice makes perfect.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:
would you prefer that KW return punts when it matters? or do it when the game doesnt matter? Honestly, if youre gonna boo him, dont even bother calling yourself fans. Like seriously, get over yourselves. Practice makes perfect.

I dont ever want to see him return a punt in a 49ers uniform when its not pre season
I hope he gets boo'd badly. he only deserves it
^^^ get over it... i bet you muffed more balls than KW ever will...BTW ITS GAME DAY...

Share 49ersWebzone