There are 188 users in the forums

2012 NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • J49er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
marshawn would start for us i think or atleast be a split back with gore. other than that, nobody.

Browner> Brown.. thats only one i can think off
  • J49er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
id take earl thomas over goldson

he is a star in the making

Earl at FS move Goldson to SS

I remember my dream draft scenario that year was earl thomas at 14 and dez bryant at 17...would any of you switch these two or Iupati and Davis?
Originally posted by J49er:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
id take earl thomas over goldson

he is a star in the making

Earl at FS move Goldson to SS

I remember my dream draft scenario that year was earl thomas at 14 and dez bryant at 17...would any of you switch these two or Iupati and Davis?

not with the way we rely on the run game.
I live in MO and wound up with free tix to the KC STL preseason game. STL 1's actually looked pretty good. Bradford's passes were on the money and the WR's were running great routes and were getting open. S. Jackson also looks fast and strong. I bet they will NOT be the worst team this year. FTR I detest the Rams and mainly went to the game to scope out my seat for the Dec. 2 matchup.
Originally posted by fly15:
Matt Flynn, thats why they'll b a threat

why should we be scared of Matt Kolb?
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah because Flynn totally proved himself by playing one single game in a loaded Packers offense. He wont have 1 10th the weapons in Seattle. He is hyped up and don't be surprised if he isn't the Aaron Rodgers everything thinks he is.

That one game could be very useful if it's groundhog day!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Matt Flynn = Matt Cassel 2.0.

They've even got the same first name.

Totally agree. The Seahawks are starting Russell Wilson this week. As soon as he was drafted Carroll put him in the mix for the starting position. The only knock on Wilson was his height and so far he's proving it's not a factor. Their D is really physical. Offense will hold them back early on.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Totally agree. The Seahawks are starting Russell Wilson this week. As soon as he was drafted Carroll put him in the mix for the starting position. The only knock on Wilson was his height and so far he's proving it's not a factor. Their D is really physical. Offense will hold them back early on.

I like what their OC was doing to us early on in the game up at SEA by passing on 1st downs then running on 2nd. They mixed it up well in the 1st half and as a result got over 100 yds rushing and the TD. I think his name is Darren Bevell or something. With Russ under center, SEA will be our only serious and probable threat to win this division. They are similar to us in construct and will not be an easy foe.
Seattle is in serious trouble if they open the season with Russell Wilson as their starter. Looking good in the preseason is one thing playing 16 games in the pros is another
Seattle should not be slept on this year. Their defense is going to be really good this year. I can see us splitting games with them this year. That secondary is going to give many teams problems. They have a young LB corps, and young talented D-line. Their biggest question will be at QB and if they can produce in the passing game. I haven't checked their schedule...but they can be a 9 maaaaybe 10 win team.

Originally posted by natrone06:
Imo Seattle will be a big threat this year. I see both the 49ers and Seahawks making the playoffs.

Totally agree.....I hate them, but they have a very good defense....especially their secondary. Luckily I don't think they can hang with us on offense this year, so we should beat them in close games.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Totally agree.....I hate them, but they have a very good defense....especially their secondary. Luckily I don't think they can hang with us on offense this year, so we should beat them in close games.

We run, we stop the run and so do they. I just happen to think we will do both better as well as field the superior ST and coaching. The games will be intense but we will prevail. With the superior weapons in the passing game, their defense will have to overcommit to one or the other. We will be too much
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
All I have to say....Seahags better find a pass rush and some pass protection if they are to have a hope in hell of anything more than 8-8.

I think the Hawks are more likely to be stuck st 7-9 another year than they are to improve more than a game over last year.
I fear the seahawks and their potential. Fortunately, I bet our players are ready for the challenge.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I fear the seahawks and their potential. Fortunately, I bet our players are ready for the challenge.

They kinda remind me of the raiders .. Playing the good teams tough and losing to the teams they should win
Share 49ersWebzone