LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Countdown: 0 days to preseason kickoff!!!! (Its the Mayo Lite version)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
pre season doesn't count.

I enjoyed just watching the little clips of them practicing for 5 minutes in the off season. Moss making some routine catches etc. Actually seeing them all out there on the field playing a real game,(even if it doesn't count) is like Christmas morning to me.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Have to agree. You're going to see a real boring team during preseason. Harbaugh isn't going to show a thing. And then? In the early games? He would show just enough to secure a win. He never really cracked open that playbook for all to see. We just got a taste here, and a taste there. And he kept using plays that worked. Those end around running plays to a streaking Ted Ginn Jr. were things of timing and beauty. He ran that again and again and again and again. Traps by Gore? Again and again and again.

Point is -- if you're not expecting vanilla? You're going to be sorely disappointed during preseason. Expect to see us to get dominated in a game or two like last year against the Saints too. Uh huh, yeah, I said it: FLAT OUT DOMINATED.

But, never forget this one thing: It means absolutely NOTHING. It's preseason. It don't count.

you just know one bad preseason game and it's gonna be like the sky is falling around here lol, happens every year
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I'm ready for some football
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Have to agree. You're going to see a real boring team during preseason. Harbaugh isn't going to show a thing. And then? In the early games? He would show just enough to secure a win. He never really cracked open that playbook for all to see. We just got a taste here, and a taste there. And he kept using plays that worked. Those end around running plays to a streaking Ted Ginn Jr. were things of timing and beauty. He ran that again and again and again and again. Traps by Gore? Again and again and again.

Point is -- if you're not expecting vanilla? You're going to be sorely disappointed during preseason. Expect to see us to get dominated in a game or two like last year against the Saints too. Uh huh, yeah, I said it: FLAT OUT DOMINATED.

But, never forget this one thing: It means absolutely NOTHING. It's preseason. It don't count.

you just know one bad preseason game and it's gonna be like the sky is falling around here lol, happens every year

Yeah haha

I'm just excited to see Jenkins and LMJ. I'm sure HArbaugh will give them plenty of time in the preseason.
20 days to go ladies and gentlemen...........
diecinueve dias amigos
i farted
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
omg, it's almost august. and august means footballz.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
omg, it's almost august. and august means footballz.

Hold me

Getting down to almost two weeks children.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Just remember the year we went 4-0 in preseason, we went 6-10 in the regular season.

The year we went 2-2 in preseason, we went 13-3 in the regular season,
One of the few remaining remnants of a bygone era when players actually had to get real jobs in the offseason. If the owners really want an 18 game season they might want to start by having two preseason games instead of four.
Originally posted by THEB:
Just remember the year we went 4-0 in preseason, we went 6-10 in the regular season.

The year we went 2-2 in preseason, we went 13-3 in the regular season,

0-4 preseason=perfect season
Share 49ersWebzone