LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. could be in danger of being cut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mCbsegfvRT4

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo45vcnsMNw

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjVMbLAGxQs

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YUzBEhb1OSI

I hope Kyle Williams gets hit by a bus.

Get over it dude. The team didn't draft Williams to be a returner. Do you know why Ginn is still in the NFL???? It's because returning punts in the NFL is one of the hardest things to do. It was bad weather and high pressure and the guy didn't come through, it happens.
Agreed. Plus, even JH said that it was his fault why Williams was put in that position. But Ginn was drafted to be a WR, not just a returner. His focus to returner didn't come until it was clear he wasn't a good WR.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Agreed. Plus, even JH said that it was his fault why Williams was put in that position. But Ginn was drafted to be a WR, not just a returner. His focus to returner didn't come until it was clear he wasn't a good WR.

i dunno about that, i remember when Cam Cameron addressed the fins draft party after the picked and he started getting Boo'd out of his mind after discussing Ginn's abilities as a return man.......

i could be taking that out of context, but it was still hilarious that he brought up the return skills first......
for those of you that think ginn has always been gods gift to punt returns i urge you to watch thi video that shows several muffed punts.

Fact is he was less than stellar early on. KW will be fine

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM ]
i believe ginn could be the odd man out with the addition of lamichael and jenkins. If he can only show that he is a returner only then KW will beat him out bc KW showed he could be a good and serviceable WR. If a big game is on the line tho, just dont put him in the situation to get his hands on the ball
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
for those of you that think ginn has always been gods gift to punt returns i urge you to watch thi video that shows several muffed punts.

Ginn has lost 6 fumbles in 321 attempts in his NFL career
Williams has lost 2 in 13 attempts

Do not let Williams return the ball plain and simple
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Ginn has lost 6 fumbles in 321 attempts in his NFL career
Williams has lost 2 in 13 attempts

Do not let Williams return the ball plain and simple

i dont know where you got that info, but i would like a link. Everything that i have seen states he has 98 total career punt return attempts. 62 of which have been while he has been here in SF. He did not become a good punt returner over night.

also KW only has 5 punt return att. and only had the 2 last season. What do you expect. PR is a highly specialized position that takes ton of attempts to get good at. You dont just stick a guy that hadent handled a punt all year into that position in the biggest game of the decade for the team and expect miracles.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM ]
Ill say it again. People better get used to KW because he isaint going anywhere anytime soon, and you will even see an expanded role for him on this team this season.

Are you Ken Williams?
Originally posted by Psinex:
Ill say it again. People better get used to KW because he isaint going anywhere anytime soon, and you will even see an expanded role for him on this team this season.

Are you Ken Williams?

No just a fan that noticed his real potential in the slot as a WR and feel its silly to condemn him for a mistake he made at a position that he shouldnt have been placed into in the first place. You do not place a guy that hadnt attempted a PR in over a season, november 2010 to be exact, into one of the toughet positions in football in the biggest game for the team in the last decade. That was a coaching blunder.

But it still doesnt change the fact that Ginn was less than stellar early on. I cant seem to find the exact fumble #'s, if anyone can post them please do so, but its something like 6 fumbles in 36 Attempts for miami. (the attempt # is for sure correct, uncertain on exact fumble #'s again if anyone can help there)

Are you Ken Williams?

No, he just refuses to over-simplify the NFCCG into one man's mistakes. If Boobie Dix picks up a 1st on either of his carries, we win. If the offense can come up with 2 1st downs after KW's big return in the 4th, we win before OT. As I see it, KW is a very talented kid who had some injuries in college. Small guys with injuries generally get drafted late. He has bulked up (decreasing injury risk, generally) AND increased his explosion, according to the Matts. He decent as a returner, barring those gaffes, and he would likely improve with more repetition. Ginn sure improved overtime. He was a muff-machine (heehee, muff-machine) for the Dolphins, and was benched in his second year. Miami fans hated him, although I am sure a lot of hat was due to his draft position. Bottom line, it was an embarrasment to Miami to bench a top-10 pick, but they did it because he sucked that bad as a returner. I think KW has shown more positives and less negatives in his first 2 years than Ginn; Ginn's early mistakes just get lost in time because nobody was watching the Dolphins.
No just a fan that noticed his real potential in the slot as a WR and feel its silly to condemn him for a mistake he made at a position that he shouldnt have been placed into in the first place. You do not place a guy that hadnt attempted a PR in over a season, november 2010 to be exact, into one of the toughet positions in football in the biggest game for the team in the last decade. That was a coaching blunder.

But it still doesnt change the fact that Ginn was less than stellar early on. I cant seem to find the exact fumble #'s, if anyone can post them please do so, but its something like 6 fumbles in 36 Attempts for miami. (the attempt # is for sure correct, uncertain on exact fumble #'s again if anyone can help there)

It's tough, because they lump all fumbles (KR, PR, and REC) together. They don't list muffs as fumbles, though, and he had a mess of those (enough to get replaced by Bess).

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

It's tough, because they lump all fumbles (KR, PR, and REC) together. They don't list muffs as fumbles, though, and he had a mess of those (enough to get replaced by Bess).

Yea. I actually personally watch alot of Miami games because i have a family member that is a Miami fan. I know for a fact with my own two eyes that he was less than stellar. Just cant find the exact #'s.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Are you Ken Williams?

No, he just refuses to over-simplify the NFCCG into one man's mistakes. If Boobie Dix picks up a 1st on either of his carries, we win. If the offense can come up with 2 1st downs after KW's big return in the 4th, we win before OT. As I see it, KW is a very talented kid who had some injuries in college. Small guys with injuries generally get drafted late. He has bulked up (decreasing injury risk, generally) AND increased his explosion, according to the Matts. He decent as a returner, barring those gaffes, and he would likely improve with more repetition. Ginn sure improved overtime. He was a muff-machine (heehee, muff-machine) for the Dolphins, and was benched in his second year. Miami fans hated him, although I am sure a lot of hat was due to his draft position. Bottom line, it was an embarrasment to Miami to bench a top-10 pick, but they did it because he sucked that bad as a returner. I think KW has shown more positives and less negatives in his first 2 years than Ginn; Ginn's early mistakes just get lost in time because nobody was watching the Dolphins.

Kylexcuses

The game wasn't played perfectly, but one player made two of the worst mistakes in a hard-fought game that resulted in the easiest points for the Giants just a few yards out from our endzone.
i dont know where you got that info, but i would like a link. Everything that i have seen states he has 98 total career punt return attempts. 62 of which have been while he has been here in SF. He did not become a good punt returner over night.

also KW only has 5 punt return att. and only had the 2 last season. What do you expect. PR is a highly specialized position that takes ton of attempts to get good at. You dont just stick a guy that hadent handled a punt all year into that position in the biggest game of the decade for the team and expect miracles.

Give me Ginn any day over Williams. I have no faith in Kyle. Under that pressure he fumbled and muffed twice. the first was idiotic, dont go anywhere near it, Ginn wouldn't of made that mistake. And every RS makes mistakes, but Kyle's killed us, and were idiotic. Fair catch the OT one and we have a shot at SB.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Give me Ginn any day over Williams. I have no faith in Kyle. Under that pressure he fumbled and muffed twice. the first was idiotic, dont go anywhere near it, Ginn wouldn't of made that mistake. And every RS makes mistakes, but Kyle's killed us, and were idiotic. Fair catch the OT one and we have a shot at SB.

Wrong. In fact Ginn made many similar mistakes early on. watch the video i posted. There is even footage in that video of one he screwed up earily similar to williams. The fact is Ginn became a much beter return man when he came to SF than he ever was in Miami. so what changed? A great special teams coach and almost exclusive responsibily with PR.

People want to compare the Ginn of last season with the rest of his career, which was mediocre at best.

people want to pick and choose what to comment on, and only compare ginns last season with KW's two returns in the championship. Its not a fair comparison and we all know it.

Anyone care to comment on this post of mine? Do you expect a guy to be a good PR when he hasn't attempted one in over a year?
Share 49ersWebzone