LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. could be in danger of being cut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
on all returns you can see that KW is EXPLOSIVE hes i said it

he is very fast and very quick and now he apparently got bigger

did he make a huge mistake ... yes

but the fact s it was a mental errror he made in his first full year football season when he was asked for first time to do PR (in games)

all his mistakes were mental but he is fast and explosive

cut out menatal error we have a capable returner who plays WR
i also believe what happened in that giants game means nothing now as we move forward. he has done nothing to warrant being cut, despite what some people want
Originally posted by cciowa:
i also believe what happened in that giants game means nothing now as we move forward. he has done nothing to warrant being cut, despite what some people want

personally, i think his punisment should be to give him every reason to fail (bury him in the depth chart) moving forward into 2012 and if he can overcome it then heck what can you do...............

....give the man a chance to earn it*.

*for the third time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
personally, i think his punisment should be to give him every reason to fail (bury him in the depth chart) moving forward into 2012 and if he can overcome it then heck what can you do...............

....give the man a chance to earn it*.

*for the third time.
how can you bury him in the depth chart when he goes out and out plays people ?sorry but that is taking hate for the man a little to far.if the season began today he would be third best wide out maybe fourth best at worst based upon his work and production in otas. how could you justfiy putting him way down on the depth chart? you could not
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
This. It was not so long ago that all I prayed for was the returner to either catch the ball cleanly and not fumble it, or run away and let the ball fall where it may to avoid the issue altogether.

Any yards gained on a return were simply a bonus in those days.

I don't like to think about those times and certainly don't want to revert back to them.

That said, KEEP Tanqueray Teddy!

My feelings exactly during those days! I often hoped the 9ers would not even have a returner back for punts...just send eleven guys for the block! LOL!
Sad but true. I literally had a knot in my stomach every time they received a punt. Horrendous.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/08/12/ted-ginn-jrs-punt-returning-miami-dolphins-talking-points/

It seems like people forgot how crappy of a return man Ginn was at the start of his career. He got benched as Miami's returner during his second season, and it wasn't to be featured as a WR, as he also got pushed down the WR depth chart, too. Now he is much better, and his experiences (and mistakes) in the league have contributed to that. Hmm, mistakes and experiences in year two reminds me of a gifted, hard working WR/KR that everyone wants to kill around here, because it is easier than saying the team had several letdowns in the NFCCG. I would have KW, LMJ, and Cox return every kick in the Preseason, to see if any/all of them could handle the job. If they can, Ginn walks, because those guys are already better position players than him, and they can improve as returners, just like Ginn did.

(edit: added LaMike to the mix. Can't believe I forgot him )
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM ]
how can you bury him in the depth chart when he goes out and out plays people ?sorry but that is taking hate for the man a little to far.if the season began today he would be third best wide out maybe fourth best at worst based upon his work and production in otas. how could you justfiy putting him way down on the depth chart? you could not

i'm over hating him FYI, is there still resentment? only natural. but we did bury him in the depth chart by signing two FA WR's and drafting another..... therefore easily cutting him to keep Ginn.

i don't think my message came across right. all i'm saying is put his back even further against the wall and make him earn it (which he is doing)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i'm over hating him FYI, is there still resentment? only natural. but we did bury him in the depth chart by signing two FA WR's and drafting another..... therefore easily cutting him to keep Ginn.

i don't think my message came across right. all i'm saying is put his back even further against the wall and make him earn it (which he is doing)
A big part of me thought that is what you were trying to say, i should have said" if i do not understand what you were trying to say i am sorry". Thank you for clearing that up and I agree,,, they signed people cuz they were not happy with what happened in the return game when ginn went down. i think cox, one of the kids we drafted and the rock gives us some good back up returners and if williams can earn a spot that is just gravy. I am sorry for the mixup

A big part of me thought that is what you were trying to say, i should have said" if i do not understand what you were trying to say i am sorry". Thank you for clearing that up and I agree,,, they signed people cuz they were not happy with what happened in the return game when ginn went down. i think cox, one of the kids we drafted and the rock gives us some good back up returners and if williams can earn a spot that is just gravy. I am sorry for the mixup

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
on all returns you can see that KW is EXPLOSIVE hes i said it

he is very fast and very quick and now he apparently got bigger

did he make a huge mistake ... yes

but the fact s it was a mental errror he made in his first full year football season when he was asked for first time to do PR (in games)

all his mistakes were mental but he is fast and explosive

cut out menatal error we have a capable returner who plays WR

No, Kyle Williams should never return punts for the 49ers again. Even before the Championship debacle, he was not catching punts cleanly when Ginn was out earlier in the season. He did that lunging last minute dive type catches in one of his previous games, and I cringed. For the slightly above average return yardage that we would get from him, the probability of fumbles and bad judgment far exceeds any value he would have as a returner. If he makes it onto the roster, it will be for his receiving skills, not his return skills (or lack thereof).
Kyle Williams can't take a hit period.. For god sakes he couldn't even stay healthy seeing limited action.

All of you geniuses who think he can replace Ginn must have forgotten about how opposing coaches game planned to ring his bell, because they saw he was a weak link & it's obvious he is. I don't want to hear "he made a key block on Alex Smiths td run vs the saints blah blah blah" Andy lee could lay a crack back block on a defender who doesn't see him coming.

If he remains on our return units teams will smell blood & undoubtably we will see the same results, frankly he lacks the mental & physical toughness needed to play in this league.. Not even Harbaugh can teach that.

Originally posted by Psinex:
No, Kyle Williams should never return punts for the 49ers again. Even before the Championship debacle, he was not catching punts cleanly when Ginn was out earlier in the season. He did that lunging last minute dive type catches in one of his previous games, and I cringed. For the slightly above average return yardage that we would get from him, the probability of fumbles and bad judgment far exceeds any value he would have as a returner. If he makes it onto the roster, it will be for his receiving skills, not his return skills (or lack thereof).

that diving catch was also in giants game

giants game was first time he caught punts in nfl level

i dont know about college
Ill say it again. People better get used to KW because he isaint going anywhere anytime soon, and you will even see an expanded role for him on this team this season.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Ill say it again. People better get used to KW because he isaint going anywhere anytime soon, and you will even see an expanded role for him on this team this season.

I agree

Lmao

Ya with with Gore, Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, LMJ, & Hunter I doubt his role will be expanding. He's an injury or fumble waiting to happen, research his career going back to college.

There was a reason he didn't get drafted until the 6th round.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree

As long as it isn't back there taking punts, I'm alright with that. But I see AJ Jenkins and Kyle Williams filling a very similar niche. If AJ steps up during training camp, I think Williams is gone along with Anthony Dixon.
Share 49ersWebzone