There are 250 users in the forums

Positive Trades in Niner history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
I always use my Alex Smith rookie card to make my bike sound like a motorcycle but sometimes it falls out to the right.

probably cuz your spokes are not bent at the correct angle and your hands are to small to operate the handle brakes

Alex Smith lubricates his bike chain with the tears of Saints fans.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:
the only reason he ran for that touchdown and threw for the winner was due to special teams and defense. But i digress.thank you for all your input on this, Thank you for reminding me about the rice trade .Now I want to say we traded for fred dean. If so that has to be right up there with the young and rice trades(not to mention spurrier for willie mcgee!). can a fellow old school person help me with that? I think fred did come to us via the trade??
1981 Fred Dean acquired from San Diego
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
the only reason he ran for that touchdown and threw for the winner was due to special teams and defense. But i digress.thank you for all your input on this, Thank you for reminding me about the rice trade .Now I want to say we traded for fred dean. If so that has to be right up there with the young and rice trades(not to mention spurrier for willie mcgee!). can a fellow old school person help me with that? I think fred did come to us via the trade??

lol, OK, whatever. He made plays in that game when he needed to make plays.

Fred Dean did come via trade. I don't remember what we gave to get, though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you know i was poking fun at smith haters do you not? Thank you about fred dean, i would say, rice, young and the dean trade are the best ones in our history?

you know i was poking fun at smith haters do you not? Thank you about fred dean, i would say, rice, young and the dean trade are the best ones in our history?

Sarcasm isn't allowed in Alex Smith talk.

Sorry. It's hard to tell because haters can be so extreme.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Sarcasm isn't allowed in Alex Smith talk.

sorry, sometimes you expect to much out of me
Come on guys, everyone forgets about Bryant Young.

The Niners traded their 1st 2nd and 3rd in 1994 to move up to pick #7 and grab Bryant Young. One of the best draft trades ever for the 49ers. BY was a class act and excelled at 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE.

Didn't we have to trade to get Joe Montana?? I know it is a bit convoluted and not just a straight trade for the Montana pick scenario, but we still had him by way of Traded didn't we?

I can't believe nobody mentioned the 1986 draft trades. Walsh turned 8 picks into 14 and it produced 8 players that started in the Super Bowl including: John Taylor, kevin f*gan, Charles Haley,Tim Mckyer and Tom rathman.
[ Edited by E-49er on Jun 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:

The Niners traded their 1st 2nd and 3rd in 1994 to move up to pick #7 and grab Bryant Young. One of the best draft trades ever for the 49ers. BY was a class act and excelled at 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE.

Good f**kin trade.my favoritr 9er outside of the Big 4.

The trade that got Kentwan Balmer's sorry ass off the team.i forget what we got for him and who we ended up drafting.

AB,the batsignal's in the sky,help me out here please.lol
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by 9erred:

Good f**kin trade.my favoritr 9er outside of the Big 4.

The trade that got Kentwan Balmer's sorry ass off the team.i forget what we got for him and who ended up drafting.

AB,the batsignal's in the sky,help me out here please.lol

2011 6th rd pick, ended up being TCU Safety/Special Teams standout Colin Jones. Not a bad trade right now.
Addition by subtraction trades.

Kevan Barlow to the Jets for a 2nd(?).. I think it was a 2nd. He lasted about 1 sean with the Jets...never to be heard from again.

Taylor Mays to Cincy for a 7th rounder. I wonder how it takes before he is playing in the Arena league.

One of the worst, if not the worst draft day trades..

2004 - trading back, twice and not selecting Vince Wilfork. That crafty T-Don landed that pro-bass fisherman Rashaun Woods instead.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Jun 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by E-49er:
I can't believe nobody mentioned the 1986 draft trades. Walsh turned 8 picks into 14 and it produced 8 players that started in the Super Bowl including: John Taylor, kevin f*gan, Charles Haley,Tim Mckyer and Tom rathman.

Likely because half the zone wasn't alive then and relies on Madden. Anyway, those were blockbuster moves, along with Bryant Young, Dean and the others mentioned.
Share 49ersWebzone