There are 221 users in the forums

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Who says that? Colin is a project, even more than Smith was, it is gonna take awhile to see how far he develops. At least he doesn't have to go through all of the b******t Smith had to with a terrible team and head coach and a revolving door at OC. I haven't lost faith in him, but some guys that thought he'd be ready to start by now need to have more patience than they did with Smith because right now Colin is nowhere near as good.

Good post!
Colin is no where near as good as Alex was, when he first started for us? Did I read that right?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
So, Alex gets 7 years and Kaepernick gets one full offseason? Sounds fair.

Who says that? Colin is a project, even more than Smith was, it is gonna take awhile to see how far he develops. At least he doesn't have to go through all of the b******t Smith had to with a terrible team and head coach and a revolving door at OC. I haven't lost faith in him, but some guys that thought he'd be ready to start by now need to have more patience than they did with Smith because right now Colin is nowhere near as good.

how do u know he was a project..?
I bet that if we had drafted Dalton with the same pick (I know he was not available) u would probably be saying the same thing about him, and we all know he's not.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Colin is no where near as good as Alex was, when he first started for us? Did I read that right?

No you did not. Let me clarify what is clearly stated in my post. Alex is way better RIGHT NOW than Colin is. Please don't try and spin this, I like Colin, he just is nowhere near ready.
Originally posted by fly15:

I bet that if we had drafted Dalton with the same pick (I know he was not available) u would probably be saying the same thing about him, and we all know he's not.

I know he is a project because he it is obvious that he is one to anyone that knows football. If he weren't then Smith would be in a battle for his starting job instead of Colin fighting for a back up job.

I read this. Then I look at this...

...and I would have to say yes...

OK, just having fun with a Kaep pic. Seriously, he's not a project but he certainly need about 2 years of development before anyone would be comfortable having him out there for more than 3-4 games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

OK, just having fun with a Kaep pic. Seriously, he's not a project but he certainly need about 2 years of development before anyone would be comfortable having him out there for more than 3-4 games.
which is the reason I believe they got josh johnson. that is not a knock on Ck. he just needs more work, despite what some felt two months ago,, he is not ready to be given the keys yet
  • fly15
  • Veteran

I know he is a project because he it is obvious that he is one to anyone that knows football. If he weren't then Smith would be in a battle for his starting job instead of Colin fighting for a back up job.

obvious.? that answers my question
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yes, he's a project
I always called a player "a project" if he needed 2 or more years to develop. So clearly, there are lots of projects getting drafted. It doesn't mean they won't be ready and effective at some point. It's not a term that should be viewed as harsh and cruel. I think every talking head and TV draft person labeled CK a project to be molded. I don't see an issue with that.

Let's not forget that Montana was a project when he was drafted...which is why he wasn't drafted sooner. Drafted in 1979--Super Bowl three years later. Walsh played yo yo with Montana and DeBerg as he trained them in the WCO. Took a couple of years. Nothing wrong with being a project as long as there is someone there to teach you what you need to know! This coaching staff is loaded with teachers.
This means Alex Smith will become like Aaron Rodgers?
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
This means Alex Smith will become like Aaron Rodgers?

Time will tell... but we don't need for Alex to be at the level of an Aaron Rodgers at this time... maybe never. Just so long as project Alex can be a top 6-12 quarterback, we'll be playoff-bound time and again, me thinks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Let's not forget that Montana was a project when he was drafted...which is why he wasn't drafted sooner. Drafted in 1979--Super Bowl three years later. Walsh played yo yo with Montana and DeBerg as he trained them in the WCO. Took a couple of years. Nothing wrong with being a project as long as there is someone there to teach you what you need to know! This coaching staff is loaded with teachers.
you are so right!! It is huge to have the right people with those players,, before montana and walsh,,, we had ken meyer coaching scott bull.. and of course we have the best qb coach around who also happens to be a outstanding head coach. aside from norv turner for one year who the hell coached smith or any quarterback we had for gods sake
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Time will tell... but we don't need for Alex to be at the level of an Aaron Rodgers at this time... maybe never. Just so long as project Alex can be a top 6-12 quarterback, we'll be playoff-bound time and again, me thinks.
your theory worked out well and we got to a game of the super bowl so i think I will continue to adhere to that! I know that is not popular among some people but remember the right thing to think is not always the popular thing
Share 49ersWebzone