LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Name your top 20 favorite 49ers of all time, besides Montana, Rice, Young and Lott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I left out Deion Sanders ..even though he helped us win a super bowl , he didnt play an entire season and left us for the Cowboys , still bitter about that

I almost added Eric Davis , but I'm still bitter he split on us and went to the Panthers, once he left, our secondary was crap until Ahmed Plummer and Jason Webster arrived and gave us some solid play at CB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I left out Deion Sanders ..even though he helped us win a super bowl , he didnt play an entire season and left us for the Cowboys , still bitter about that

I almost added Eric Davis , but I'm still bitter he split on us and went to the Panthers, once he left, our secondary was crap until Ahmed Plummer and Jason Webster arrived and gave us some solid play at CB
for some reason I am thinking plummer and webster were not that great? we had good safeties like zack bronson but what i remember from plummer is that he got toasted alot esp vs the giants in the overtime playoff game,,, honestly the only thing i remember about webster is that he was to short,, always had sprained ankles and never played. in a dumb ass donahue move, he gave plummer a huge contract which he never deserved. I am not picking a fight with you NEE Am i being to harsh on those two guys????
My favs in this order for my own various reasons:

1.BY
2.Cowboy(Justin Smith)
3.VD
4.P.Willis
5.Merton Hanks
6.TO
7.John Taylor
8.Tom Rathman
9.Roger Craig
10.Freddie Soloman(RIP)
11.Dwight Clark
12.Jeff Garcia
13.Julian Peterson
14.Fronk Gire
15.Garrison Hearst

The last five spots are left for those 4 who the op said we are supposed to omit,and MR.BILL WALSH.those 5 are ABOVE ALL OTHERS.

too many other players to name,and it wouldnt be fair to rank one over any other at this point on my list.

BIG SHOUT TO THE MILLION DOLLAR BACKFIELD DOE
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
for some reason I am thinking plummer and webster were not that great? we had good safeties like zack bronson but what i remember from plummer is that he got toasted alot esp vs the giants in the overtime playoff game,,, honestly the only thing i remember about webster is that he was to short,, always had sprained ankles and never played. in a dumb ass donahue move, he gave plummer a huge contract which he never deserved. I am not picking a fight with you NEE Am i being to harsh on those two guys????

100% Correct! Plummer and Webster were complete crap, I was so happy to finally see them gone. They got burned all the time!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
100% Correct! Plummer and Webster were complete crap, I was so happy to finally see them gone. They got burned all the time!
then we brought in rumph who the hell was the cb f**k we would sign, cut, sign , cut??
pierce holt
ricky watters
tim mcyer
jeff fuller
william floyd
kevin gogan
don griffin
john taylor
coach rathman
frank the tank
merton hanks
ken norton
garrison hearst
michael carter
patrick willis
justin smith
brent jones
vd
bryant young
kevin f*gan
chet brooks (dang those bad knees)
charles haley
then we brought in rumph who the hell was the cb f**k we would sign, cut, sign , cut??

yeah then when plummer starts putting his career together and starts resembling a DB he signs a big contract and gets "hurt"

Rashad Holman?

Dwayne Carpenter??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
yeah then when plummer starts putting his career together and starts resembling a DB he signs a big contract and gets "hurt"

Rashad Holman?

Dwayne Carpenter??
no.. damn,, I swear it was some guy from denver. we would sign him and then cut him and just repeat it. he was garbage but we kept signing and cutting him,,, damn damn. willie something?? DAMN

Rashad Holman?

Dwayne Carpenter??
no.. damn,, I swear it was some guy from denver. we would sign him and then cut him and just repeat it. he was garbage but we kept signing and cutting him,,, damn damn. willie something?? DAMN

Middlebrooks? I'm not sure though
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Rashad Holman?

Dwayne Carpenter??

i think you're right.

Billy Wilson
R.C. Owens
Abe Woodson
Billy Kilmer
John Brodie
Frank Nunley
Hugh McElhenny
Y.A. Tittle
Keith Farnhorst
Michael Carter
Jeff Fuller
Dwight Hicks
John Taylor
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
yes, thank you, you are a good citizen. I can now sleep easy tonight
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:
Billy Wilson
R.C. Owens
Abe Woodson
Billy Kilmer
John Brodie
Frank Nunley
Hugh McElhenny
Y.A. Tittle
Keith Farnhorst
Michael Carter
Jeff Fuller
Dwight Hicks
John Taylor
wow, billy kilmer, forgot he was with us,, pre brodie right? i just remember him as a skin

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I agree, Plummer and Webster werent great, but they were upgrades over Darnell Walker, Ramos McDonald and other part time CB's we were forced to use durng that time
In no particular order;

Dave Wilcox
Michael Carter
Justin Smith
John Taylor
Eric Wright
Russ Francis
Jimmy Johnson
Charles Haley
Kevin Gogan
Jeremy Newberry
Keena Turner