LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Fan perception of Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just like the players we all loved to hate like Deion or Michael Irvin or T.O. once he left SF, you love them if their on your side and will ridicule them if they are not. That is Harbaugh in a nutshell. He's crazy, but he's our kind of crazy as long as the team plays well for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:
This team has some good players now, so wins & losses determine how much I like the head coach. A good coach will be successful with this team, and a bad one will drag them down. So yes, so far I like Harbaugh based on that criteria.

As for personality & how he talks to the media - don't really care if he seems curt or short with people when he thinks someone is asking stupid questions. I can personally relate to the annoyance with busybodies that try to stir up 'drama' when there really isn't any. Over the years, media has become intrusive and pervasive going into more minutia than people are obligated to discuss with them. It is information overkill, and people who read it all & think they have to have an opinion over every trivial thing written on the Internet are probably the only ones bothered when someone doesn;t want to talk a lot to the press.
agree 100 per cent. If you do not cooperate with the media they will treat it like a crime against humanity. Usually you never get into a pissing match with the media cuz they will always have the last word but I think he has outpointed the media so far. Of course when you win its tough for the media and writers who have an axe to grind to turn the fan base against the coach
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

As for Harbaugh scrambling to create a revisionist history of what happened with Manning and Smith, it is ridiculous. Everyone knows he actively pursued Peyton. And, why not? If you have one of the all-time greats sitting there on the open market, you have to make a run after him. As much as I like Alex Smith the person and competitor, to not actively pursue Mannng would be silly. Harbaugh should have simply not addressed the issue with the media.

Unless his goal in addressing the media was not to clarify the issue or put it to rest, but rather to perpetuate his aura of inscrutability. In short, they never know what he's thinking or what he's going to say, he likes it that way, and he's going to keep doing stuff to keep it going.

Harbaugh just did the "revisionist" history thing to keep Alex Smith's head on straight. It's him trying to show support for Smith even though getting Manning would be his preference (......as it would with any other coach). Pretty transparent, but if it works.......who cares.
Harbaugh's a good coach, but he still has some learning to do about the NFL. I am happy as hell to have a football mind running this team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Harbaugh's a good coach, but he still has some learning to do about the NFL. I am happy as hell to have a football mind running this team.

agree, the last one was a drama queen, the one before that had good intentions but was in over his head, the one before that was just impotent
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

pretty much sums it up close thread
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
Harbaugh won my heart when he went into Dallas one year and yelled "How 'bout them Cowboys" after beating them and walking off the field!!!

i'm sure there is but i'm too lazy to look it up. It was the year he was with Indy and took them to the AFC Championship game, I think it may even be a Thanksgiving day game...
i have always liked the guy and his competitive nature. glad to have him.
Here's the thing about Harbaugh. For us 49er fans, we all love him to death as far as we are concerned he is the second coming...lol

Now for the fans of the other 31 teams they absolutely despise him on a whole new level. Probably no other coach gets as much hate as he does except maybe his brother. They are showing their great fear of this man and where he will take the 49ers who btw also got to be one of the most hated teams.

The media loathes him and will grab any opportunity to bash him. Why? He won't play their game and wont give them what they want, he is good at what he does and doesn't p***y foot around with them. He just gets to it and not hard to see he hates the press and takes any opportunity to do battle with them.

I for one love it and hope he keeps being hated outside of Frisco for a long time.
everybody like Nolan ...I'm gonna wait and see

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
'If the 49ers success offends you, so be it' -- Jim Harbaugh

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yeah but Nolan never even had one good season for us, Harbaugh did his first year
Originally posted by BayArea:

yeah but Nolan never even had one good season for us, Harbaugh did his first year

So harbaugh got us to play two extra games...both guys haven't won anything in their first year.

This year is going to be really fun to watch. Harbaugh is going to be a much bigger target now and i want to see how coach/players respond
So harbaugh got us to play two extra games...both guys haven't won anything in their first year.

This year is going to be really fun to watch. Harbaugh is going to be a much bigger target now and i want to see how coach/players respond

Yeah but this team never saw more than 7 wins under Nolan, and Harbaugh did win something his first year...an NFC west title... something Nolan couldn't get anywhere near.

Count and add together the wins in Nolans first 2 seasons and they are less than Harbaugh first season by 3 games. Ill agree if Harbaugh has a losing season then the hype will be unfounded however the chances of that as I see it are slim to zip. How many coaches do what Harbaugh did and then end up a bust?
[ Edited by BayArea on Jun 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM ]
Pops created two monsters.

http://www.nfl.com/features/the-season-2011/episode-12

"Attack this day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. And by the way, don't take any wooden nickels."

--Jack Harbaugh
Share 49ersWebzone