There are 212 users in the forums

Fan perception of Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:
i don't give a s**t what they think of him. i don't give a s**t what bay area sports writers think of him. hell, don't care what our own fans think of him

bottom line: does he win?

I like the way he treats the media. some of them get all upset cuz he is aloof , lacks details, does not let them in on every little secret. They whine and cry about it and try to use that as ammunition to turn the fans against him. The media is so arrogant and they do not know most fans are clearly on the coaches side
  • mike
  • Veteran
For a second I thought you meant niners fans. Fans of teams we've whooped? Who cares...Why do people even lurk on their boards? Obviously they're going to be talking s**t just like we constantly talk s**t on them.

Is harbaugh seen as a "joke" in the nfl? Well he won the AP coach of the year award, and turned us from a 8-8 team that fell apart on the road to a 13-3 team that was feared on the road.

He is a bit snide toward the media, he can be kind of crazy, but he's a damn good coach. He has singletary's motivation skills but with the brains to back it up.
All of those who are saying those things are fans of the teams our Niners annihilated last year.
Originally posted by mike:
For a second I thought you meant niners fans. Fans of teams we've whooped? Who cares...Why do people even lurk on their boards? Obviously they're going to be talking s**t just like we constantly talk s**t on them.

Is harbaugh seen as a "joke" in the nfl? Well he won the AP coach of the year award, and turned us from a 8-8 team that fell apart on the road to a 13-3 team that was feared on the road.

He is a bit snide toward the media, he can be kind of crazy, but he's a damn good coach. He has singletary's motivation skills but with the brains to back it up.

6-10 in 2010
Originally posted by cciowa:
I like the way he treats the media. some of them get all upset cuz he is aloof , lacks details, does not let them in on every little secret. They whine and cry about it and try to use that as ammunition to turn the fans against him. The media is so arrogant and they do not know most fans are clearly on the coaches side

i will say this though, i hated the way singletary interacted with the media. the one thing that will piss me off is if you interact with them in a way that makes you (and the org by extension) look like a clueless idiot. be a dick to them all you want, but don't go making the team look stupid with classics like "look at da film"
Stupid article. How many times over the years have we heard the 49ers are a joke to the rest of the NFL. This is just kick back for years of kicking their asses and they see that coming again.
These are just internet trolls.

Having lived in many places, including the bay area, i have lots of non-niner friends. They wish they had Harbaugh.

Plus the NFL circle may laugh at that, but i'm laughing more at:

1. Pete Carrol n co. getting their OTAs stripped

2. Sean Peyton getting suspended for a year

3. Rams for hiring Greg Williams after we tordched his ass and now he's also suspended

4. Jonothon Vilma's defamation lawsuit

5. Titus Young punching teammate in the face

6. Rookie Blackmon gets second DUI

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM ]
other fans would hate Harbaugh because they know he's a great coach. just like i hate other players even though they are good players. thats just how it is. but Harbaugh is no joke. although many NFL insiders laughed at Harbaugh's manning comments, they still know he's a heck of a coach. i don't believe he will leave this team without getting a ring or two.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
These are just internet trolls.

Having lived in many places, including the bay area, i have lots of non-niner friends. They wish they had Harbaugh.

Plus the NFL circle may laugh at that, but i'm laughing more at:

1. Pete Carrol n co. getting their OTAs stripped

2. Sean Peyton getting suspended for a year

3. Rams for hiring Greg Williams after we tordched his ass and now he's also suspended

4. Jonothon Vilma's defamation lawsuit

5. Titus Young punching teammate in the face

6. Rookie Blackmon gets second DUI

ALL OF THIS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:
i will say this though, i hated the way singletary interacted with the media. the one thing that will piss me off is if you interact with them in a way that makes you (and the org by extension) look like a clueless idiot. be a dick to them all you want, but don't go making the team look stupid with classics like "look at da film"
that is why the media loved that idiot sing. he gave them good sound bites, he singled out players, he fed right into what the media loves, the media loves to build up players and tear em down, sing was very helpfull to them and they loved him, another reason to hate him and hate what he did to the organization

As long as the players and fans love the coach, everyone else be damned.
Originally posted by lifer49erfan:
I don't care what anybody thinks about JH. He was jest the right coach at the right time that this 49er's team and fan,s needed to restart the fire. Go 9ers!!!!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He's a lunatic, but I'm glad he's our lunatic!

All this!!! ^^
The media is playing right into Jim Harbaughs hand, I LOVE IT!!!

Before these comments everyone was sucking our dicks, calling us super bowl favorites etc....

We need enemies for JH to carry on his "it's us vs. the world" mentality. We now have enemies and bulletin board material. Thanks suckers.
Harbaugh doesnt give a f**k about the rest of the nfl and what they think. the nfl is jealous because this no class, loser, scumbag and his rag tag team is kicking everyones ass and are scared s**tless of our niners this year because they will be the top choice by many to take everything this year. were stacked on offense and defense and offense is harbaughs specialty, with his player upgrades on offense and another year in the system for last years niners this team will be torching people on offense and strangling them on defense. let them hate and make fun of harbaugh all they want, im sure hes gonna have the funniest superbowl winning speach of all time when hes hoisting the lombardi at the end of the year. no one gets over on this guy on any level hes ever coached at, ask pete carrol and schwartz lol
Very soon everyone except niner fans will absolutely hate Harbaugh because of how much he puts the beat down on their team.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jun 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone