There are 161 users in the forums

Fan perception of Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Who gives a f**k what the fans of other teams and the coaches of other teams think.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Seemingly outlandish statements made by Harbaugh are 100% designed and intentional. It has people talking about Harbaugh and not his players. It puts all the pressure on Coach, while also pumping the ego of which ever player he is referring to.

Who cares what other fans think about our coach. As a Niners fan I LOVE having Harbaugh as our coach. I believe him to be one of those rare special coaches and believe he will have a profound impact on the NFL.

Seattle fans, Giants fans, AZ fans, all of them would gladly take Harbaugh over what they have now if the opportunity presented itself.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
This!

^^^^
The majority of those that say they don't like him wish he coached their team.

How can anyone not like a coach that brought sucess to a team thats failed the last two decades.

He coached the 9ers into the Superbowl last year had it not been for the fumbles and he can't be blamed for that.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
'If the 49ers success offends you, so be it' -- Jim Harbaugh

I want to hear that Lions postgame press conference again. Any links anyone know of so I can post on the lions boards?
Originally posted by kemp_j:

How can anyone not like a coach that brought sucess to a team thats failed the last two decades.

He coached the 9ers into the Superbowl last year had it not been for the fumbles and he can't be blamed for that.

this, except for bolded
This team seems to thrive on doubters so I love the comments. Go ahead and dog the coach. Our players would go to war for him.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It's interesting to me how so many fans dislike Harbaugh. Judging from the comments on PFT and from the comments on team pages, many fans think Harbaugh is arrogant, elitist, snide etc.

Jim Harbaugh himself is considered a joke in the NFL.

Do you know why its a joke? Because Harbaugh and his entitled attitude is a joke as well.

Once a punk, always a punk

linkage

I suppose most of it is from Lions and Seahawks fans and I guess I can relate. I don't like Schwartz or Carroll.

What merit does this hold? Is this even true? I seriously doubt it.

If I wasn't a niner fan, I would probably have a dislike for Harbaugh too ever since the "handshake ordeal."
PFT commenters aren't the brightest bunch duder.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I love it. Haters gon' Hate. They mad cuz he wins and don't give a f**k about what anybody thinks of him.
phwuk em if they cant take a joke
Reading some of the comments in response to Florio's little hit peice, one can only laugh at the sour grapes! JH will only lose faith if his team starts to lose and he doesn't have an answer...does any 9er fan think that is likely?

He is arrogant, brash, and single-minded in his effort to win...but he backs it all up with exceptional knowledge. One response on the link is that he would never try the Detroit handshake with a tough ex-player coach...wanna bet? He will probably not do that again but I have no doubt he would have done the same thing to any coach he found lacking--remember that coach whatshisname made disparaging remarks about the 9ers and Harbaugh.

I don't care what anybody thinks about JH. He was jest the right coach at the right time that this 49er's team and fan,s needed to restart the fire. Go 9ers!!!!
He's a lunatic, but I'm glad he's our lunatic!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kemp_j:

i love him but he must take the blame for running a reverse in the rain on a slippery field, he must take blame for not taking williams out when he dove for the first punt and he must take blame for putting justin smith in to block on third and one, which was a failure He is not t perfect but close enough for me
i don't give a s**t what they think of him. i don't give a s**t what bay area sports writers think of him. hell, don't care what our own fans think of him

bottom line: does he win?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Reading some of the comments in response to Florio's little hit peice, one can only laugh at the sour grapes! JH will only lose faith if his team starts to lose and he doesn't have an answer...does any 9er fan think that is likely?

He is arrogant, brash, and single-minded in his effort to win...but he backs it all up with exceptional knowledge. One response on the link is that he would never try the Detroit handshake with a tough ex-player coach...wanna bet? He will probably not do that again but I have no doubt he would have done the same thing to any coach he found lacking--remember that coach whatshisname made disparaging remarks about the 9ers and Harbaugh.

f*ggot Schwartz was laughing at Harbaugh earlier in the game and talking s**t. Then he had to whine like a b***h because he couldn't handle a handshake like a man after Alex Smith delivered a strike on 4th and goal for the go-ahead score.

Week 2 home opener we're cracking skulls
Share 49ersWebzone