LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

THANK YOU BASED GOD(Andy Lee extension, get on the loveboat)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Speculated earlier that new deal for P Andy Lee was in $4M annual range. Lee, however, accepted less to get deal done and stay with 49ers.
Originally posted by susweel:
4 million a year for a guy plays like 5-10 snaps a game. Dumb move by Baalke, could have gotten a punter for league minimum and paid a real player.

I should be GM

They see me trollin'
From Sando... ESPN
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7963359/san-francisco-49ers-sign-punter-andy-lee-extension?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He set NFL single-season records since at least 1976 for gross (50.9 yards) and net (44.0) punting averages last season. His 59.6-yard net average at home against Seattle last season was the third-highest for a game since at least 1976, the first year such stats were tracked officially (minimum four punts).

The 29-year-old Lee has been selected to the Pro Bowl three times in his career and has also been named to three All-Pro teams. He has played in 128 games for the 49ers and holds team records in punts (723), yards (33,069), gross average (45.7), net average (38.9) and punts downed inside the 20-yard line (209).

Since 2007, Lee's gross punting average (47.9) and net average (40.7) rank second in the NFL.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM ]
Ok, Sus, I get it, you are being sarcastic. Had me fooled for awhile.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 23, 2012 at 3:17 PM ]
People b***h about paying Dashon Goldson 6 million a year, but love the fact we pay a punter 4?
Originally posted by hateroids84:
People b***h about paying Dashon Goldson 6 million a year, but love the fact we pay a punter 4?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Speculated earlier that new deal for P Andy Lee was in $4M annual range. Lee, however, accepted less to get deal done and stay with 49ers.

Lee is more important to the team then Goldson. You can make case that the Front 7 makes the secondary look great. Lee and Akers are two of the best in the NFL, and a great tandem. Goldson I fear had 2 good seasons due to contract years.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
MaioccoCSN: Source: Punter Andy Lee's six-year extension with 49ers is worth $20.5 million with $7.1M coming in first two years.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Lee is more important to the team then Goldson. You can make case that the Front 7 makes the secondary look great. Lee and Akers are two of the best in the NFL, and a great tandem. Goldson I fear had 2 good seasons due to contract years.

Dashon Goldson has had ONE good season. He also had one mediocre season and one terrible season.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
They could have got some guy from the Home Depot parking lot who would have done it for a 30 pack of Bud Light.
we did that for years with placekickers, do you remember how that turned out?So if you had your way, we would have no crabtree, no moss, no kyle williams and no andy lee. who would catch the ball and who would punt the ball?.Maybe the ghost of reggie roby
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
not just that.

how many times did we see this situation last year.

Andy pins them inside the 5.
opposing team is scared of our pass rush, scared to take a safety so they run the ball three times.
Willis and Bowman go ape sh*t and KO whoever the FK is running the ball.
their punter has to punt the ball standing in the back of their own endzone... (which typically end up being a bad punt).
Ginn makes a nice return.
we're already near/in FG range.

(ps - there's already a thread for alex smith)
good post. when we make em start out from the ten they are much more predictable. plus he throws a mean touchdown pass to, just ask the rams
They did the right thing. He's one of the two best punters and has bailed the 9ers out many times.
Andy Lee is a game changer. He is easily the best in the NFL. I am a big fan of if you win the starting field position it goes a long way in winning the game.
Even if Lii
Share 49ersWebzone