There are 157 users in the forums

Harbaugh on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The first thing I saw out of Crabs his rookie year was how differently he caught the ball than almost any player I've seen. He attacked the ball ferociously and it stuck softly in his hands. His issues with drops has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with his head. Once it all comes together for him, and I think this is the year, we'll see how good he really is.

agree...i also think with a full off season with Smith will cure a lot of his issues...
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The first thing I saw out of Crabs his rookie year was how differently he caught the ball than almost any player I've seen. He attacked the ball ferociously and it stuck softly in his hands. His issues with drops has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with his head. Once it all comes together for him, and I think this is the year, we'll see how good he really is.

I went back to the Houston game back in 2009, and that game happened to be Crabtree's first game in the NFL. I noticed they let him ran a lot of the same routes that he ran in college. I think those routes gave him familiarity and comfort so he catches better with them. My thinking is without a camp within the last 3 years, he's still 'thinking' on the other routes that he's not familiar with. Aren't quick on them. Maybe has trouble getting separation. And consequently has trouble concentrating on catching the ball occasionally. With this year's camp and with Randy Moss showing him the nuance of each routes, it should help Crabtree tremendously. I think it has with Harbaugh mentioning Crabtree as one of the guys that he sees improvements. Some of us are critical of Crabtree including myself, but I think this dude just needed a full camp in a bad way.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone