LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

The man did play lights out last year and has been steadily improving since he was given his starting role. What he really needs to do is sign the franchise tender get into camp, have another season like last season, and proves he deserves to get paid.

[ Edited by faithful4eva on May 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM ]
5years 45mill
Needs to learn to tackle better before giving him top 5 money.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Needs to learn to tackle better before giving him top 5 money.

Or at least tackle the other team instead of his own team mates.
good player however he really needs to work on his fundamentals

you can easily make the argument if he didn't tackle our player 2x (one injuring t brown which allowed giants to score on the player brown would've been guarding on next play) we wouldve had 2 more int in nfccg which couldve given us the game

dont get me wrong great player good hands hard hitter good in coverage but has to work on fundemental tackling, taking right angles, allowing players to get int without bumping into teh (no idea football term for that)
Why stop there? Lets make him the highest paid defensive player ever. Load that sucker with 90 percent guarenteed money. Cut Willis and J.Smith if we have to. I'm sure Rogers, Staley, V.Davis and Smith wont mind playing at a reduced salary.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
good player however he really needs to work on his fundamentals

you can easily make the argument if he didn't tackle our player 2x (one injuring t brown which allowed giants to score on the player brown would've been guarding on next play) we wouldve had 2 more int in nfccg which couldve given us the game

dont get me wrong great player good hands hard hitter good in coverage but has to work on fundemental tackling, taking right angles, allowing players to get int without bumping into teh (no idea football term for that)

He wasn't trying to make a tackle on the TBrown play. He was going for an interception. You always go for the pick. Honestly you guys are hella picky complaining about him. Goldson's a beast for the most part. He deserves like 5 yrs 35M IMO. I guess you could see if any of the guys behind him like Spillman or Colin Jones develop(both have sub 4.5 speed) but for the most part I'd try to re-sign him.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why stop there? Lets make him the highest paid defensive player ever. Load that sucker with 90 percent guarenteed money. Cut Willis and J.Smith if we have to. I'm sure Rogers, Staley, V.Davis and Smith wont mind playing at a reduced salary.

LMAO
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
A league source told CSNBayArea.com that Goldson, set to earn $6.212 million in 2012 as the team's franchise player, is seeking a long-term deal similar to the five-year, $40 million contract safety Eric Weddle signed last year with the San Diego Chargers.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-zero-in-on-passing-game-during-OTA

i say pay the man Weddle money

Originally posted by boast:
A league source told CSNBayArea.com that Goldson, set to earn $6.212 million in 2012 as the team's franchise player, is seeking a long-term deal similar to the five-year, $40 million contract safety Eric Weddle signed last year with the San Diego Chargers.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-zero-in-on-passing-game-during-OTA

i say pay the man Weddle money

Damn average of 8 Million a year I know we can structure it a certain way that it won't hurt us but that's a lot of dough.
[ Edited by scoobyduu24 on May 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM ]

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Damn average of 8 Million a year I know we can structure it a certain way that it won't hurt us but that's a lot of dough.

Paraag is a master.
this is his last season here.......it sucks but it's looking like it more and more.

next man up

Paraag is a master.

Goldson is easlily worth Brooks money, IMO. 40 million, 8 years? Why not? Its gotta be over the gaureenteed money.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Paraag is a master.

Goldson is easlily worth Brooks money, IMO. 40 million, 8 years? Why not? Its gotta be over the gaureenteed money.

Have to agree. Goldson is definitely worth Brooks money if not more. He was huge for us last year and has only been getting better. I wish he would just sign the tender and get into camp though. If he plays well he will earn his contract and still get paid this year.
Originally posted by faithful4eva:
Have to agree. Goldson is definitely worth Brooks money if not more. He was huge for us last year and has only been getting better. I wish he would just sign the tender and get into camp though. If he plays well he will earn his contract and still get paid this year.

yikes. That's alot of dough for a player who did not show up the year before.
Share 49ersWebzone