LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

49ers that could be dealt before the Season Opener

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can see the 9ers trading Anthony Dixon to the Raiders....(they lost Michael Bush)
Another reason shy bleacher report is crap:

Quote:
After finishing with a 13-3 record in 2011, the 49ers will be playing a much tougher schedule. Their non-conference opponents include New England, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans and the defending Super Bowl champions, New York Giants.

I didn't know GB, Chi, NO, and NYG were not in our conference.
Hey come on guys, lets all pipe dream along with the bleacher report. So the Niners will have to cut players to make it to the 53 man roster, players that could contribute to other rosters will be snapped up. Teams will line up and offer future draft picks for all of the players the niners would have to cut anyways.

Now in all seriousness, I could picture the niners shopping players to gauge interest. If a team would part with a 6th or 7th to get the player before they hit the waiver wire, then good for Baalke and the niners.

I think the only player who could be traded is Colin Kaepernick, Scott Tolzien, Kevin Williams, Anthony Dixon, with no one giving more than a 6th or a 7th.
Tolzien deal would make sense to a team who is looking for a 3rd option, probably a 6th or 7th at most.

Ginn makes no sense, we have no returner with experience on roster, so doubt he is cut or traded, plus he is a hell of a returner.

Williams makes sense, but like tolzien a 6th or 7th at most, and he may be cut anyway, so no value, as he isn't needed anymore, plus a 6th wr won't play, so no need wasting a spot when we can use Cartwright and Jones for Special Teams.

Hunter would be a iffy, he is a nice change of pace guy, but I think Jacobs makes it, so possible, maybe a 4th or 5th

Haralson would be required to take a pay cut, cap wise he can't fit under for the season, won't make sense, with just 1.73M if kept to have for 2012 cap wise.
If Kendall Hunter or Ted Ginn are traded, I'm gonna be a world of pissed off.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HearstFan:
NO WAY --
#1 - No one is gonna part with a draft pick for Williams when they know we're going to have to cut someone.
#2 - We aren't trading Haralson - $2MM is NOT that much to pay a seasoned back-up that can start with no problem if there is an injury. And with the Fleming injury, highly doubtful they are going to let the 7th rounder take that slot over this year.
#3 - They just signed Ginn back on a great (cheap) deal -- one of the rookies would have to wow the heck out of them to risk another KW debacle by letting Ginn go. No way. 49ers management knows that ST can swing games and won't risk that.
#4 - Per #1 above, nobody is going to trade a draft pick for Kendall Hunter if he isn't making the roster anyway.

Kendall Hunter will make the roster IMO, no question. I think it's Brandon Jacobs who is on the bubble, or possibly.... his name is escaping me... had a great pre-season two years ago as a rookie RB, made his hair look like a badger last year.
Haralson, Williams, Hunter, Tolzien, Ginn

Hmm...doubt Hunter, Haralson or Ginn are dealt but the other two will have difficulty making this team nor do they have trade value. Teams will be watching the 9ers waiver list. With one rookie injured and out it seems Haralson is more secure. Ginn will probably be safe for another year, at least until the rookies can show they can catch an NFL punt in a real situation. Hunter is a very good player and don't see him being moved unless they keep Boobie.

Of course, if there is an injury on another team and they are desperate...

And leave the Bleacher Report alone! I read it whenever someone posts a link, just like the Cohns.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 17, 2012 at 7:17 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
This makes little to know sense.

I loled
NO = Haralson, Ginn, Hunter - especially w/injury to Fleming, Ginn fills need and is cheap, Hunter is too damn good

Maybe = Williams

Probably = Tolzein

Cut before trade = Dixon or Jacobs, probably Dixon
Originally posted by cashmahne:
If Kendall Hunter or Ted Ginn are traded, I'm gonna be a world of pissed off.

i can live with that!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Another reason shy bleacher report is crap:

Quote:
After finishing with a 13-3 record in 2011, the 49ers will be playing a much tougher schedule. Their non-conference opponents include New England, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans and the defending Super Bowl champions, New York Giants.

I didn't know GB, Chi, NO, and NYG were not in our conference.

LOL... It's that kind of attention to detail that shows the quality of this publication.
Share 49ersWebzone