LINK
lol bleacher report, not gonna read
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
lol bleacher report, not gonna read

this
BleacherReport, what the f**k?
All good points. I'm not sure about the ability to get 3rd or 4th round draft picks for these guys but the men he targeted seem accurate.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
I like when the article mentions Tolzien's impressive play for the 49ers in the pre-season last year.

Except the 49ers signed him after the pre-season. So....
Originally posted by RKab:
I like when the article mentions Tolzien's impressive play for the 49ers in the pre-season last year.

Except the 49ers signed him after the pre-season. So....

It says for San Diego..........read it again

EDIT I read it again and now I'm confused. Are they saying he played well against SF or for SF........
[ Edited by AKfanster on May 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM ]
stopped reading when it said kendall hunter
The only one i see that could be traded is Kyle Williams, but i dont take the Bleacher Report seriously anyway

NO WAY --
#1 - No one is gonna part with a draft pick for Williams when they know we're going to have to cut someone.
#2 - We aren't trading Haralson - $2MM is NOT that much to pay a seasoned back-up that can start with no problem if there is an injury. And with the Fleming injury, highly doubtful they are going to let the 7th rounder take that slot over this year.
#3 - They just signed Ginn back on a great (cheap) deal -- one of the rookies would have to wow the heck out of them to risk another KW debacle by letting Ginn go. No way. 49ers management knows that ST can swing games and won't risk that.
#4 - Per #1 above, nobody is going to trade a draft pick for Kendall Hunter if he isn't making the roster anyway.
Originally posted by kujon11:
stopped reading when it said kendall hunter

this
I think Tolzien may be better than some suppose. There have been many qbs who have big arms but have mini nfl qb brains. I think the qb competition is going to be mainly between Kaep and Johnson and the loser gets traded. Tolzien may go if both Kaep and Johnson are too impressive to let go. I believe Palmer, Owusu and Tyms could supplant Williams and produce better and the niners could let guys like Williams, Ginn and even Moss if he reverts to his old self. In fact, Manningham is capable of being beat out IMO.
Cam Johnson should make the OLB group and Holland supplant a guy like Gooden. I think if he is good enough at ILB, it makes sense to have an ILB who can play if the starters get dinged and also someone else if Grant leaves next year. I am not very confident that Cartwright will make it either. Not having a lot of knowledge of them, I am not sure if Colin Jones or Spillman cannot be replaced by Nelms or other players. The trend appears to be players who are more then special teams guys.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think Tolzien may be better than some suppose. There have been many qbs who have big arms but have mini nfl qb brains. I think the qb competition is going to be mainly between Kaep and Johnson and the loser gets traded. Tolzien may go if both Kaep and Johnson are too impressive to let go. I believe Palmer, Owusu and Tyms could supplant Williams and produce better and the niners could let guys like Williams, Ginn and even Moss if he reverts to his old self. In fact, Manningham is capable of being beat out IMO.
Cam Johnson should make the OLB group and Holland supplant a guy like Gooden. I think if he is good enough at ILB, it makes sense to have an ILB who can play if the starters get dinged and also someone else if Grant leaves next year. I am not very confident that Cartwright will make it either. Not having a lot of knowledge of them, I am not sure if Colin Jones or Spillman cannot be replaced by Nelms or other players. The trend appears to be players who are more then special teams guys.

You like preseason mvps don't you
This makes little to know sense.
Share 49ersWebzone