Jerry Rice + NFL Live = EPIC FAIL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Don't you ever say anything negative about the GOAT

This!
he was really bad in the first five games of his first year. he was a little b***h after the niners beat the bengals in the super bowl cuz he was not getting enough credit, and he over stayed his welcome in the nfl as he could not even make it out of the broncos training camp
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Exactly. It's like when I thought Mike Singletary was gonna be a great head coach because he was a great football player.

*facepalm*
do not feel bad. the packers felt the same way when bart starr and forest gregg were hired as thier head coaches. great players do not make great coaches, they feel all players should play the game like they did! I do not think thier brain thinks the same as most
Agreed.
I love seeing any former 49ers on TV. It means we are becoming relevant again. I much rather hear Jerry Rice speak about our team than anything else on ESPN. There's plenty of people that are bad on TV, I'd rather see one I love.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Great thread.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Love Jerry Rice but he absolutely sucks as an analyst.
My favorite player of all time...but he had the worst HOF speech of all time.
Liked him when he played as a 49er. Everything after that I could care less about.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Don't you ever say anything negative about the GOAT

This!
he was really bad in the first five games of his first year. he was a little b***h after the niners beat the bengals in the super bowl cuz he was not getting enough credit, and he over stayed his welcome in the nfl as he could not even make it out of the broncos training camp

Lol interesting. Defend Crabtree until death, but Jerry Rice was a "little b***h."

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Lol interesting. Defend Crabtree until death, but Jerry Rice was a "little b***h."

hahah, come on man I actually was in the lead for trading him on draft day. they did not so now i root for him cuz he is a niner... now back to rice crying.. that is true,, he really got all bent out of shape cuz he felt he did not get enough credit. That was back in the day when he had the odd square shaped haircut I remember cuz it was a shock, up untill that time in the walsh era,, no one b***hed about not getting respect. I also remember he held out one year and when he came back he got called for being offside three times in a game. john madden really ripped him saying a wide out should never be offside and that is what happens when you hold out!
I don't think hes that bad, I just don't like how he smiles when he talks.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
I love seeing any former 49ers on TV. It means we are becoming relevant again. I much rather hear Jerry Rice speak about our team than anything else on ESPN. There's plenty of people that are bad on TV, I'd rather see one I love.

This. I mean, he doesn't add much, he just goes along, but would we rather have him be more like Skip Brainless who just says things for the sole purpose of getting a reaction. Espn is never worth watching for the commentary. The only ones that are bearable are Wilbon and Kornheiser and they can only competently talk about their home teams.
I saw the segment, he did OK.

He did get LaMichael James' first name wrong (Trey Wingo corrected him) but you can tell Jerry is really high on Jenkins. He threw his name in there when he was supposed to be talking about Moss.
It's ESPN, what do you expect??? Do you think he actually gets to say what he wants? Welcome to the Fox News of sports.

#DPshow
Share 49ersWebzone