There are 192 users in the forums

Jerry Rice + NFL Live = EPIC FAIL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate to be critical of an NFL legend and 49ers icon, but he is damn near unwatchable on NFL Live.

It's not how Jerry talks. Sure, he's got some southern drawl which is fine; it's not like he sounds like Emmitt Smith (aka Foghorn Leghorn) or Torry Holt (his color commentary for games 2 years ago was abysmal). Although, I now realize GOAT in no way stands for Greatest Orator of All Time.

The problem is Jerry doesn't add anything. Yes, shows like NFL Live are more or less fluff, but Rice provides no real insight or analysis. It's info you or I could convey.

Basically, he brings less to the table than a paraplegic waitress.

Blake_Fever
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on May 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM ]
*REPORTED*
Reported for what--being honest?

We're all Niners fans here, but you can be objective about a current or former player performing poorly at something.

Blake_Fever
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on May 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM ]
He is bad. Maybe too many shots to the head.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Great thread.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
remember how bad montana was on tv when he first retired, he did some studio stuff,, really bad and i do not think he lasted a whole year. A great player does not always mean they will be great coaches or great tv guys
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:

We're all Niners fans here, but if you can't be objective about a current or former player performing poorly at something, then you're a delusinal waste.

Blake_Fever

reported

We're all Niners fans here, but if you can't be objective about a current or former player performing poorly at something, then you're a delusinal waste.

Blake_Fever

noob + calling people names = EPIC FAIL

(& short road to getting banned)

Have some tact dude.
Fixed!

Sorry, didn't realize people were so sensitive!
Don't you ever say anything negative about the GOAT

Fixed!

Sorry, didn't realize people were so sensitive!

it's not sensitivity dude, just common courtesy and sense. you can disagree with others and make your points without immediately being irascible and insulting.

(BTW I was being facetious when I posted that I "reported" your original post.....it's sort of an inside joke among 'zoners regarding the new forum feature of reporting others, and how people misuse it for the most inane things)
this thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
remember how bad montana was on tv when he first retired, he did some studio stuff,, really bad and i do not think he lasted a whole year. A great player does not always mean they will be great coaches or great tv guys

Exactly. It's like when I thought Mike Singletary was gonna be a great head coach because he was a great football player.

*facepalm*
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Don't you ever say anything negative about the GOAT

This!
Share 49ersWebzone