LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Roethlisberger suspects 49ers targeted him

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Roethlisberger-suspects-49ers-targeted-h?blockID=705078&feedID=5936

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger stopped far short of accusing the 49ers of wrongdoing, but intimated Wednesday he suspected his bum ankle was being targeted during a game last season at Candlestick Park.The topic turned to the New Orleans Saints' bounty scandal on The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio, when Roethlisberger made passing reference to the 49ers' 20-3 victory over the Steelers on Monday, Dec. 19.

After that game, Roethlisberger called himself "the 49ers' best player." He threw three interceptions, was sacked three times and fumbled twice.

"Sometimes you get guys —- things happen under piles and, you know, the little extra twisting of the ankles and poking, things like that," Roethlisberger said. "But this whole bounty thing —- I don't know if I'd sit there and and say, 'Wow, that guy really tried to end my career.' Honestly, I don't know."

Patrick asked Roethlisberger when the last time he felt a team was going after his knees, ankles or head.

"Um, wow, that's tough," Roethlisberger said. "I don't really complain about that stuff, either. But I think when we played San Fran, I felt like there were some things going on, some extra . . . Now, obviously, I did have the ankle and I was playing, so there was kind of a bulls-eye on there anyway. But for the most part, guys play tough and you go into a game expecting it. I expect to be tougher than them."

A 49ers team spokesman declined comment.

[RELATED: 49ers silence Steelers 20-3 | box score | Smith sets sack record]

No 49ers players were penalized or fined for any illegal hits in the game.

Roethlisberger's status for against the 49ers was in question through pre-game warmups after he sustained a badly sprained left ankle in the Steelers' previous game.

"I really wasn't paying attention in pre-game, but with the injury he had, it wasn't really too easy for him to come back the next week and be 100 percent," said 49ers pass-rusher Aldon Smith after the game in which he recorded 2 1/2 sacks. "So it was definitely something we all had in mind."

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Damn they targeted him but he's a punk b***h for crying about it.
f**k that rapist
Um, he's the quarterback.

Who else are they supposed to rush? Rashard Mendenhall?

Ben shouldn't have even been in that game.
cry some more, rapist.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
there was no one illegal hit by the smith boys on him, please
it's the coach's fault because he stuck Ben in the game even though he wasn't healthy at all.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

That's the key point right there.

Besides, anyone that has played competitive sports at any level knows that you play to your opponent's weaknesses. If you're dumb enough to hobble out there with a badly gimped leg, you know full well what's coming your way.

Really, did he want us to go easy on him because Big Ben had a boo boo? What a knucklehead.
r u kidding me?? he is just mad that he got dominated the whole game by a rookie. When aldon sacked Ben, he did it so finesse too.
#We Dont Need Money to Knock You The F*** Out
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
f**k you, rapist.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

That's the key point right there.

Besides, anyone that has played competitive sports at any level knows that you play to your opponent's weaknesses. If you're dumb enough to hobble out there with a badly gimped leg, you know full well what's coming your way.

Really, did he want us to go easy on him because Big Ben had a boo boo? What a knucklehead.

Yeap. Yes Ben, they were out to knock the s**t out of you... because you play QB.

If they were paid to do it, then he has a point. But since he's just pissing in the wind...
if ben has sand in his vagina for us hitting him he shouldnt have played.
He forced the issue by playing on a bad ankle.

So, expect the D to come after you and NOT take it easy on you.

Wake up Ben! This isn't some defenseless woman you're going to rape.

It's the Niner D - and they will crush you again.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
f**k that rapist

When will this wigger learn that no means no
F this rapist
Share 49ersWebzone