There are 179 users in the forums

Tony Jerrod Eddie

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wish he would change his number though lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I was gonna say that. 63 looks awful.

But only available 90s is 92, which is actually D'Aundre Reed's number, he is on the P-Squad.
TJE, undrafted free agent signed in 2012 cut and then added to the practice squad the same year. The practice squad players travel with the team on road trips and feel like they are part of the team. Since Harbaugh and Baalke have taken over the practice squad is like a baseball minor league system where the players, when ready, are added to the active roster. When the players are added to the active roster they are not just filling out the 53 man squad, they're expected to be productive. A player that signs with the 49ers knows if he works hard he has a chance to play in the NFL.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I kinda like it ...kind of like the 80's when we had defensive players with #'s in the 60's
I gotta say, I missed the boat on this one. I didn't even, for a second, seriously consider this guy making the 53, let alone contributing to the 46. Usually I have a great eye for talent but Id just barely saw the snaps/production in pre season games, etc. The media knew much more about him than I did. Either way, glad he is adding more and more depth. I also can't wait to see Dial, Carradine and Okoye next year. Wow!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:10 AM ]
I'm not as big on Dobbs as a rotational player but TJE has been a pleasant surprise. Tank and some of the other rotational guys are going to have their work cut out for them to see playing time. He's been very solid so far.
we didnt draft him, but he has been the best player to come out of the 2012 class LOL
The DLine is playing a very high level.

Sill, Maybe drafting Dominique Easley DE and have him sit out a year like Tank did this year. Then, he'd be ready to play when Justin's contract finishes.

TJE is a keeper.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
TJE had some great plays yesterday in limited snaps. Sniffing out that screen pass was HUGE. We are going to have tremendous depth at D-line next year when Williams comes back, TJE improved, Tank and Dial ready to contribute, and even the possible development of a guy like Okoye. No need to draft D-line this year.

That and the Dixon stuff we're my plays of the game. I realize that a TD wouldn't have meant the end of the world but the way he read that screen was brilliant and it results in a FG(or did they go for it on 4th?).

I loved looking at the snap count this morning because it was direct evidence that Fangio has started rotating. Now his hand might be forced with McDonald injured and Smith needing his snaps limited but nonetheless lets hope it becomes a habit.
Originally posted by crabman82:
we didnt draft him, but he has been the best player to come out of the 2012 class LOL

Lol

Seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago that posters here had him on the cut list, to make room for players coming back. Quick turnaround in a short span of time (although I am sure the guys that really matter saw what he was capable of).
Great play by TJE on the third down on our first goal line stand. The guy has been a big surprise thus fa and has made some big plays inclusind this one. If you re-watch the play, he went underneath his blocker and slid into this play and stopped tobert in his tracks with his back and Willis came in right after to smash his laterally from the line of scrimmage.

TJE has been a nice surprise. I wonder if he cracks the 53 man next years.

If we have all main guys healthy, we should have Justin, Ray Mac, Ian Williams, Dorsey, Tank as locks, then comes down to Dial, Jerod-Eddie, maybe Dobbs if on minimum deal(RFA wouldn't tender at $1.3M), and whoever else we have, likely Purcell from the P-Squad. Plus any draft picks.

I guess he makes it if we dont draft a DE, or NT high, so his main competition would be Dial and whoever is a late pick. I like the kid, he Brock, and Wlhoite have been great UDFA signings, not sure if Wilhoite was a UDFA from us, but he was on P-Squad in 2012 for a while, now a main stay, would love a multi year deal for him.

Seems we hit on signing UDFAs or other teams UDFAs who were cut, Brock, TJE, Spillman, Wilhoite, Morris.
TJE has really stepped up and played well.

Our DLine looks like it's in good shape for next season.
I am all for bringing in more talent and letting the training camp sort things out but we have a lot of talent on our dline already. It will be interesting to see how Okoye, Dial, and Carradine pan out next year. But for this year TJE has earned his stripes. Dorsey and Williams have played well so again Baalke has shown an eye for talent, and Tomsula has developed it.
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone