There are 218 users in the forums

Trenton Robinson is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DirtyP:
He won't see much action on defense this year

Hopefully not. We don't have much depth at safety though.

Something a bit more reminiscent of a highlight video
Size doesnt mean s**t to be honest.If hes a ballhawk, then it is only blossoming in his NFL future. I was not impressed before the pick, during the pick, and wont be in anticipation of much even if he does pack on some muscle. If there was any glimpse of the next Ed Reed in this draft, he wouldnt have dropped so far in the draft.

We should back our Niners and I like all that Robinson can bring to the Niners, Im just not going to hold my breath.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Size doesnt mean s**t to be honest.If hes a ballhawk, then it is only blossoming in his NFL future. I was not impressed before the pick, during the pick, and wont be in anticipation of much even if he does pack on some muscle. If there was any glimpse of the next Ed Reed in this draft, he wouldnt have dropped so far in the draft.

We should back our Niners and I like all that Robinson can bring to the Niners, Im just not going to hold my breath.

Still early to be all over Robinson. Seems reminiscent of the Goldson pick to me. Robinson in the later round but was projected to be 4th or 5th rounder. I liked Goldson when they picked him. Then in camp, the coaches said he was one to keep an eye on. He developed nicely into a Probowler. So it's nice to follow a player from beginning to success for the team. Lets see what coaches think of Robinson in camp. Goldson wasn't all that when he finally broke the starting lineup a couple of years ago. But he improved himself.

I know one thing. I don't want to see Robinson starting any time soon. It just means the team is in trouble with the position. Lets see how he develops.
Nice college player, good insurance, and solid cover safety. I like the kid a lot. He simply has to work hard and wait for his opportunity.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nice college player, good insurance, and solid cover safety. I like the kid a lot. He simply has to work hard and wait for his opportunity.

Yup. Nice late round pick. He's good at playing the FB but needs no work on other things.
TR reminds me of Seattle's Earl Thomas in size and ability in being a ball hawk fs for the 49ers...let's see how the position plays out during training camp...
seems like the coaching staff are moving forward with the players they have in camp ...nelms, legree, thomas, stillman
Share 49ersWebzone