LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Darius Fleming is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Be prepared fellas. This is going to happen a lot this summer.

Baalke wanted 12 new guys, so some dudes gots to go!
yep,, i am preparing myself to say good bye to guys i really like,, like kendall hunter. Now i think he will play another year for us till we know what we got for sure with the two kids but that is just an example. i have always said never get attached to a player so i will have to practice what i preach. as dumb as it sounds I am very fearful of losing the guys we brought in for special teams! i know some like bubba are a one trick pony but still they really improved an area of need so hate to see em go.. I am comforted by the fact that this regime will not let good people know unless they know someone better can replace them.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
2012 has to be the worst draft any team has ever had

49ers have struck out every four years since 2000 draft. 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 drafts were horrible. If the trend continues expect the 2016 draft to fail as well.
Originally posted by cciowa:

yep,, i am preparing myself to say good bye to guys i really like,, like kendall hunter. Now i think he will play another year for us till we know what we got for sure with the two kids but that is just an example. i have always said never get attached to a player so i will have to practice what i preach. as dumb as it sounds I am very fearful of losing the guys we brought in for special teams! i know some like bubba are a one trick pony but still they really improved an area of need so hate to see em go.. I am comforted by the fact that this regime will not let good people know unless they know someone better can replace them.

Why would we dump Hunter? If Gore is just about done and LMJ has no future...why dump a 3rd back? We will have to draft another replacement and honestly I would rather keep Hunter around. Additionally if Latt still needs time or reaggrivates his knee, we would be down to 1 back who knows the system.

1979 . . New Orleans Saints draft punter Russell Erxleben #11 overall two picks before the Chargers take Kellen Winslow. A punter.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1979/draft.htm
Originally posted by jreff22:

Why would we dump Hunter? If Gore is just about done and LMJ has no future...why dump a 3rd back? We will have to draft another replacement and honestly I would rather keep Hunter around. Additionally if Latt still needs time or reaggrivates his knee, we would be down to 1 back who knows the system.

Hunter will stay. If Gore goes down Week 1, you have to have someone that knows pass pro & the blocking schemes (and the playbook for that matter).

Team keeps four backs, just like last year...

Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, Hyde
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Hunter will stay. If Gore goes down Week 1, you have to have someone that knows pass pro & the blocking schemes (and the playbook for that matter).

Team keeps four backs, just like last year...

Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, Hyde

easy guys,, i love hunter to.. i was just throwing him out as an example of a player I like very much who could be gone AFTER this year. could.I was just responding to nick who rightly said,, some good players we like may not be on the team due to our good quality roster we have
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
1979 . . New Orleans Saints draft punter Russell Erxleben #11 overall two picks before the Chargers take Kellen Winslow. A punter.

Also a few rounds before a skinny quarterback from Notre Dame
Originally posted by paulk205:

rick mirer?
sucks he got 2 yrs straight of ACL tears. feel sorry for him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by paulk205:

rick mirer?
terry hanratty

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
sucks he got 2 yrs straight of ACL tears. feel sorry for him

only feel sorry that he never played in the nfl due to the injuries. not sorry that he got paid handsomely to work out and rehab. Wish he had been able to play but he'll probably get an opportunity somewhere, even it is the CFL.
Sucked it didn't work out
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
49ers have struck out every four years since 2000 draft. 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 drafts were horrible. If the trend continues expect the 2016 draft to fail as well.

2000 started okay; Peterson turned out to be a really good player, and the following three ended up starting. But taking Giovanni Carmazzi in the third round is the worst QB we have ever drafted, relative to his draft position.

Saints. Ditka trading the entire draft to pick up Ricky Williams.

The. Worst.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

49ers bombed the 1982 draft, the 1992 draft, the 2002 draft, and the 2012 draft. If the year ends in 2, its going to be a bad draft.
Share 49ersWebzone