There are 127 users in the forums

Darius Fleming is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2012 draft has been the worst in Baalke tenure Joe Looney & LMJ look to be next on the CUT list
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Injuries are tough. I feel bad for the guy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
2012 draft has been the worst in Baalke tenure Joe Looney & LMJ look to be next on the CUT list

Yeah, this reminds me of the 1982 draft.
I hope he has a "Plan B"
I really feel for him. Something that I realized over the years watching week 4 of the preseason was just how sad it was for most of the guys playing. Their dream is cut short.

In Darius Fleming's case, injuries prevented him from ever getting a chance. I wish him luck in his future.
If LMJ and Looney where to get cut then the only bright spot of that draft is we traded pick 103 for a future 3rd (carolina) which we used to trade up for Eric Reid. So without that draft we wouldn't have Eric Reid.

Anyways, I'm surprised we didn't reach an injury settlement last year with Fleming. Sucks he didn't even get a shot but I guess it's only a late 5th round pick no big deal. Skov and Wilhoite are going to give our 6th round pick last year Moody a run for his money. We know Borland makes it. Willis, Borland, Wilhoite/Skov/Moody for the last 2 spots until Bowman gets back.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am done b***hing about that draft,,, just get rid of james and just get rid of the stench of that draft. hope looney makes it only for the simple fact you can never have enough depth along the line,, that is if he is any good, if this years draft turns out well, like we all hope it will,,, we should consider ourselves very lucky,.,.. a draft like 2012 can set a team back big time

It is almost as though someone else drafted because Baalke has never had another uninspiring draft before or since.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:

It is almost as though someone else drafted because Baalke has never had another uninspiring draft before or since.
he was a bum after day one of this years draft to many you know
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:

Those two extra 2nd rounders via the Alex trade helped Baalke these last two years. He won't have that extra 2nd next year.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If LMJ and Looney where to get cut then the only bright spot of that draft is we traded pick 103 for a future 3rd (carolina) which we used to trade up for Eric Reid. So without that draft we wouldn't have Eric Reid.

Anyways, I'm surprised we didn't reach an injury settlement last year with Fleming. Sucks he didn't even get a shot but I guess it's only a late 5th round pick no big deal. Skov and Wilhoite are going to give our 6th round pick last year Moody a run for his money. We know Borland makes it. Willis, Borland, Wilhoite/Skov/Moody for the last 2 spots until Bowman gets back.

The bold ^^ makes that draft an A-

and at least we got something for Cam Johnson (one of our 7ths) so, if one of our 7ths pan out, then that's a plus, too. LMJ is most likely getting traded... we'll get something in return and if that player pans out, then cool. He would benefit with a team that can/will utilize him better than we ever would in a million years... that's on Roman/Harbs . I think Looney sticks and that (imo) was a decent pick from HarBaalke.
Be prepared fellas. This is going to happen a lot this summer.

Baalke wanted 12 new guys, so some dudes gots to go!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Those two extra 2nd rounders via the Alex trade helped Baalke these last two years. He won't have that extra 2nd next year.

Yeah. Baalke helped himself and the team when he traded Alex Smith to the Chiefs.

Baalke is no dummy.
2012 has to be the worst draft any team has ever had
Who'd a thought the best pick from 2012 was Joe Looney. And he is a good player. But he won't get a second contract, not with Marcus Martin, and Brandon Thomas drafted for the future. One of them will be the LG, and the other backup Guard.
Share 49ersWebzone