LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Roster Battles w/draft picks updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Bynam will play more at FB. Delanie plays like a fullback too. Think of all of the fun that Harbaugh is going to have with his new toys: Moss, Manningham, James, Jenkins, Jacobs and Miller. Milleer will get more time, I really liked the way he caught passes.

With the team under the same system for another year.......we are going to be explosive.

People are also saying that Jenkins won't play at all. You can never have enough Wr's, they go down in a hurry remember our WR core for the playoffs? All remind everyone last year....Crabtree hurt for the whole preaseason, Bynam goes down first day in camp, Morgan tampa bay game, Edwards never was right after the first couple games and spiraled downward, Delanie breaks his jaw on a freak play, Ginn gets hurt in the playoffs............we are left with Crab, Williams, and Swain.

That aint happening this year.

Wiliams and Swain probably don't make the team.

Crabtree, Manningham are the starters on paper, but Manningham or Crabtree aren't locks to start. Another thing with Manningham is that he only has a 2 year contract and who knows if crabtree will resign with the niners? So we need a WR that isn't a diva, who comes into camp, learns the playbook and WONT HOLDOUT. I guarantee Jenkins won't hold out!

Randy pushes where possible, if he even comes to play for us. He is still a major ?.....he may implode before the season starts and on the flipside, lets say we win the superbowl.....Randy might retire again.

So this way Jenkins will push all of the receivers for time.

AND THANK GOD we are a good enough team and deep enough that Jenkins isn't forced to start right away! You don't want to have to start your rookies. I don't care if you pick them in the 1st. They should have the ability to challenge and come in when needed and that's what Jenkins is going to do.

Even the great Jerry Rice didn't start right away in his rookie season.
Originally posted by jreff22:
So Looney will be the backup RG...who becomes the primary backup at C....Person or Slowey

slowey im guessing also kilgre has been trrained at C

also possible oone can play RG or T and davis moves over to RG

harbaugh said that was possibility as well
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
So Looney will be the backup RG...who becomes the primary backup at C....Person or Slowey

I think Looney is the backup at right guard this year and takes over in 2013 when Kilgore moves to center. I wont be surprised if Person doesnt make the final roster. He probably will but unless he improves a ton he wont be around after this year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I think Looney is the backup at right guard this year and takes over in 2013 when Kilgore moves to center. I wont be surprised if Person doesnt make the final roster. He probably will but unless he improves a ton he wont be around after this year.
I think he has PS eligability

I think he has PS eligability

I thought so too but I heard someone say that since he was on the 53 man roster for all 16 games that he doesnt have PS eligibility.
I thought so too but I heard someone say that since he was on the 53 man roster for all 16 games that he doesnt have PS eligibility.

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

hmmm, I wonder what it is considered by "active roster", does it mean gameday 46 or 53 man.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

hmmm, I wonder what it is considered by "active roster", does it mean gameday 46 or 53 man.

He meets the second requirement so he is eligible.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Same. To keep him for special teams at this point isn't necessary, especially when someone like Perrish Cox could be a guy to return balls and help in the secondary (long shot with Perrish, but I'm just sayin).

Rock will probably get cut. Seriously, what IS the point of having him on the roster if we are gonna carry Frank, Hunter, Jacobs, & LaMichael at minimum???

We need someone in case Ginn gets hurt for KR duty. Bad things happen when Ginn gets hurt.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Thats what killed me about that pick..we drafted a guy in the first who might end up being inactive or not playin much at all =/. We stilll never got our RZ target, The Jenkins pick wouldve made more sense if we didnt already have Manningham. Jenkins is just faster and a rookie. He's not bringing anything new to the table. I keep reading about the rams were looking at him but who cares?
We need a true #1 receiver and someone fast enough to get open for yardage on 3rd downs. Our offense is our weak point and in particular our passing game. Teams key in on VD and shut us down. I think he's a good pick. We need more than just Manningham to fix our WR core. Hopefully he learns from Moss and develops enough to take his playing time.
Agree on the rams thing. I think it's just local media getting sick of being told the 49ers drafts are bad by espn.
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/4/29/2986698/nfl-draft-grades-49ers-receive-c-espn-mel-kiper-jr

6. @Rivera49 what is the rb depth chart entering training camp? >
Gore starts. LaMichael James favored over Hunter. Jacobs competing for role.

13. @neektors of those that were on team last year and still on roster, which are in the most jeopardy of not making team? > Dixon, Williams.

14. @Mining4gold9 Whats going to happen to Dixon-Williams after drafting of Jenkins-James? > Don't see how Dixon makes it. Williams in a battle.
6. @Rivera49 what is the rb depth chart entering training camp? >
Gore starts. LaMichael James favored over Hunter. Jacobs competing for role.

I believe it, I want that impressed with Hunter as a runner last year. He is a good back but James to me is better
23. @NY9er What are chances 49ers let Ted Ginn go and use LaMichael James as their primary return man? > Zero. James' hands on punts an issue.

24. @RedWaltz24 Anyway Ginn doesn't make team given the additions, who have potential as returners. > No. He's only guy who can catch punts.
23. @NY9er What are chances 49ers let Ted Ginn go and use LaMichael James as their primary return man? > Zero. James' hands on punts an issue.

24. @RedWaltz24 Anyway Ginn doesn't make team given the additions, who have potential as returners. > No. He's only guy who can catch punts.

I think that RedWaltz guy had a good question.
Share 49ersWebzone