There are 249 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
LaGeico James

#insurance
He showed some flash last night.

The more they play him the better he'll get. At the very least it will enhance his trade value if it ever comes to that.
With Gore twisting his ankle a bit last night I would assume Hunter and James will see an increased role next week. I think they'll use Frank sparingly and in pass protection. I think the 49ers will get out front early and stay there.
Originally posted by Disp:
Hunter is a better back in every way than James. Vision, patience, pass blocking, explosiveness, shiftiness, ball security. LMJ is completely redundant so long as Hunter is healthy because he fills the same role as just a lesser version.

No and no.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I love Gore, but I think LMJ could break 60 yard runs on some of the run plays that are very well blocked. Frank is tough but doesn't have breakaway speed. If LMJ hits the hole decisively like Frank does he could have some pretty nice runs. If Frank gets 15-20 yards I think LMJ might can break some of those for 40-60. we'll see what happens but I'd like to see him more since he's on the team. He's not doing much as a returner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
trade this dude for a wr
Originally posted by Antix:
I love Gore, but I think LMJ could break 60 yard runs on some of the run plays that are very well blocked. Frank is tough but doesn't have breakaway speed. If LMJ hits the hole decisively like Frank does he could have some pretty nice runs. If Frank gets 15-20 yards I think LMJ might can break some of those for 40-60. we'll see what happens but I'd like to see him more since he's on the team. He's not doing much as a returner.

Normally he can't get through the hole without being arm tackled.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Antix:

Normally he can't get through the hole without being arm tackled.

Gore is still the man IMO. He is still breaking tackles for some solid chunks of yardage and shows no signs of wearing down.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Disp:
Hunter is a better back in every way than James. Vision, patience, pass blocking, explosiveness, shiftiness, ball security. LMJ is completely redundant so long as Hunter is healthy because he fills the same role as just a lesser version.

No and no.

Maybe at Oregon. He hasn't done anything in the NFL to prove otherwise though. He doesn't break tackles or beat defenders hardly ever. Hunter's footwork is superior.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
This guy still has huge potential, needs more time on the field.

want us to use him more
Maybe we need to put more teams away, earlier, so that LMJ can get more touches. I don't think this coaching staff likes players learning at the expense of the team. How else can you explain the limited action most guys get on this team? Unless you are an Eric Reid or Aldon Smith, coming in clearly superior to the other talent, you are riding the pine. As much as I like the fact that they want guys to be prepared and to not be predictable (most teams probably have a good grasp on what we may do if James is in there), sometimes execution and talent can trump the preparation of the other team. A well designed screen pass to LMJ should easily go for a first down, if not more.
James needs more touches but not at the expense of Gore. Gore is still the man. james should get some passes thrown to him and screens, delay runs, end arounds, etc. they drafted him for his speed but they dont use him like a speed back most of the time.
Why give touches to a guy that dose nothing when he dose get tha ball ??? He's just like Reggie Bush in his rookie year he think his speed will do it all N its NOT !!! Gore tha man tha dude sits back N lets tha O-line open up a hole N then he's gone ...Till James larns to slow down he'll be riding tha pine ...
I'd sure like to us get this guy the ball in some open space.. I'm sure he can produce better than our WR's have done so far.
Share 49ersWebzone